Re: Pothole queen tire thread

-hh
SubjectRe: Pothole queen tire thread
From-hh
Date03/01/2014 10:26 (03/01/2014 01:26)
Message-ID<a130ed2c-360e-475b-84df-70782a5367b0@googlegroups.com>
Followsed

On Friday, February 28, 2014 11:17:20 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:

ed
What one puts down on a car doesn't mean that's what they can afford.

Of course, as it depends on the circumstance and context.

But here, the context was all due to a "See My Fancy Car Because It Shows How Rich I Am!" brag ...

... and in that context, it most certainly does mean that it represent an affordability limit, especially when that context has additional relevant contexts of its own.

Doesn't mean that it doesn't always happen that way either. For example, one could have been well off enough to have been planning on making an outright cash purchase, but a financing offer may have been too good of an opportunity to not adjust to take advantage of; BTDT.

Frankly, the reason why Nicolas is getting hammered is because he invited it. He did so by putting himself on public display to try to egotistically brag ... and the keyword was "try". There was very little peeling of the onion required until it was revealed that he's "All Hat, No Cattle".

-hh