Re: As with our trolls, the...

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the moron
FromBrake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Date02/21/2014 18:00 (02/21/2014 20:00)
Message-ID<le80mr$von$2@dont-email.me>
Follows-hh

-hh
Oh, I think there is at least as much: cross-shopping within Detroit's system used to be extremely common, and the same still occurs today to some degree even with Detroit's cutback on Marquees and also with EU products - for the latter, I've known individuals who have driven "same pan" comparable VW and Audi products within the same afternoon to help them decide, as well as Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, Nissan/Renault/Infinity, etc…pretty much whatever's available within that consumer's market as product "twins". And FWIW, some people will even choose to go a step further - call it to "cousins" - for example, Jetta - Golf/GTI - A3 - TT are common pan & drivetrain, but with different cabin sizes, #doors, vehicle lengths, etc, which provides some more "tweaking" for customer interests/priorities than the normal set of automotive twins, or modified twins (e.g., A4 vs Passat)

In my case passat was not on the shopping list merely due to the fact that it's typically fwd while A4 quattro is way simple to find in the secondary market. Besides I have honestly no idea how well awd on passat works. Oh, then there is an issue of 8 vs 12 years of rust through warranty and significantly more corrosion resistance of audi bodies (save for phaeton which I think really is a vw badged audi).