Re: As with our trolls, the...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the m
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date02/17/2014 04:51 (02/16/2014 21:51)
Message-ID<bmdf8kFfm7mU2@mid.individual.net>
FollowsNashton

On 2014-02-17 03:08:42 +0000, Nashton said:

Nashton

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-02-15 02:24:32 +0000, ed said:

ed
Repairs or maintainence? For routine maintainence, you're looking at $80 oil changes and $400+ 40k service due to the dsg. It also has a timing belt rather than chain so that needs replacing (probably not an issue for Lloyd with the low miles he drives). For repairs, we've between bitten by a high pressure fuel pump failure and clogged dpf / egr filter.

Lloyd E Parsons
$80 oil change? what the hell kind of oil are they using, gold injected?? :)

Nashton
He's full of crap. My dealership informed me that oil/filter changes were in the $40 range. Besides, you can get those done at any garage.

With synthetic oil? I don't think so.

-- Lloyd