Re: As with our trolls, the...

-hh
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons wh
From-hh
Date02/18/2014 15:44 (02/18/2014 06:44)
Message-ID<0b1a0f87-f5c4-4f10-a00c-e28599ebb9cd@googlegroups.com>
FollowsNashton
FollowupsBrake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC (23h & 15m)
Nashton (2d, 5h & 12m)

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:15:49 AM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
On 2014-02-18 7:15 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
[Lloyd wrote]:

Lloyd E Parsons
The one option I didn't see on VWs unless you want to spend way more than I think they're worth is automatic climate control. I really like that.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Gawd, I hate it with passion.

YMMV. In addition, some HVAC systems are better than others in terms of how they manage the cabin ... which isn't merely a question of temperature, but rather temperatures (plural): for example, it can be a design challenge to provide good windshield defrost heat while avoiding blasting the driver's face.

get an audi (there is no climate controle remove option) and you will hate it too (in winter anyway, in summer it works fine, in winter there is no fucking in-between "outside cold" and "18C" so I'm wearing fucking parka and don't want no fucking 18C inside the cabin. It's way too hot for me.

Sounds more likely that you had a malfunctioning one.

Besides with Audi A4 onwards you get a decent awd for not that much over a baseline fwd whereas on VW it's an (expensive) option.

Nashton
Decent? LOL

Well, BDASBRW is correct in that VW's charge for functionally grabbing from the parts bin isn't generally a great value.

For 'decency', it really depends on what the customer is looking for. VW used to use the 'Synchro' nomenclature, which I vaguely recall that it did differ from the Audi Quattro systems (somehow): I suspect that it probably was part of the very longstanding (years!) dispute between Haldex and Torsen setups.

Of course, for the Q7, there's also BorgWarner thrown into the mix, along with how its configuration deletes Audi's Crown Gear differential assembly: apparently, the design choice was to purposefully sacrifice some on-road for off-road?

In any case, it still comes back to the question of what the metrics are of consumer interest/significance - for example, it doesn't look like any of Audi's current Quattro systems can effect up to a 100% torque transfer, whereas there are other products out there which can, so if this is what's important to a consumers, none of the Audis can properly be claimed as the "Best".

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Oh, to fend off the OT content: ...

The same basic principle applies to personal computers: what design features or attributes are important to the individual consumer is defined by that consumer.

-hh