Re: Pothole queen tire thread

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
SubjectRe: Pothole queen tire thread
FromI hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
Date02/28/2014 17:28 (02/28/2014 19:28)
Message-ID<leqdeu$ve8$1@dont-email.me>
Follows-hh
Followups-hh (1h & 44m)

On 2/28/14, 19:19, -hh wrote:

-hh
Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
Another good reason to not buy BMW!!

-hh
Afraid so.

Lloyd E Parsons
But if run-flats are a problem, why would one replace a bad one with another just like it?

-hh
Simply put, the spare tire wheel well no longer exists in the car's design to revert back to using traditional tires and carrying a spare (traditional or compact).

I carry 4 mounted tire and weel sets to a shop twice a year. Carrying one without a dedicated tire well is not a terrible idea considering that I already have shitload of other stuff hanging in there including 6 gallon steel gas tank, shovel and fuck knows what else.

Lloyd E Parsons
Why not buy non-runflats when you replace? Isn't that an option?

-hh
Yes, they are (and what the BMW coworker who I mentioned is now doing).

The trade-off (risk) is that you either have to travel without any spare tire, or be willing to have half of your trunk be filled up with a spare. The latter is again because there's no longer a spare tire wheel well.

Guess why people buy station wagons? But it sure sucks not having a spare tire well to swallow a full size tire in a sedan.

-hh (1h & 44m)