Re: As with our trolls, the...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date02/18/2014 14:51 (02/18/2014 07:51)
Message-ID<bmh6mhF9ei0U1@mid.individual.net>
FollowsNashton
FollowupsDavid Fritzinger (2h & 4m) > Lloyd E Parsons

On 2014-02-18 12:26:25 +0000, Nashton said:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
What???? Subtract the 2000000 pennies from the price of your Q7 TDI and get an idea how many mac pros he can buy for that change

Nashton
Listen, there is a reason why a Q7 TDI S line is worth $50000 more than the rental fleet Verano. Look it up.

No, in fact there isn't any reason that it is worth $50000 more to me. Hell, not even $10000 more to me. And only for those with badge envy would the Audi be worth that much to anyone.

I'm glad you like yours and hope you enjoy it. But I wouldn't nor does it bring anything to the table that is valuable to me.

You keep forgetting that I drive less than 5K miles per year and that is mostly short local trips, with 3 or 4 750 mile round trips a year. If it wasn't for the road trips, I wouldn't get anything more than a small car for local driving. The Audi would be overkill and overpriced for my useage.

Because of my age and driving patterns, all scheduled services will be done on an annual basis because mileage won't be the issue. I'm 70 and driving is just something I do to get from point A to point B when the weather is good.

But overall I've never been overly enamored with euro-cars, nor even the Japanese and other Asian cars. I've had great service from all my north American vehicles over the years and in comparison to euro-cars, spent one hell of a lot less buying and running them.

Your comments remind me of a officer in charge I used to work for many years ago. He had just bought one of them new-fangled rotary Mazdas and I had just bought a big Ford station wagon. He bragged about the 'honest' 12mpg it got, which was the same as I was getting on my Ford. Then he told me how often it had to be serviced and I laughed my ass off.

Here he was scrunched in a little bitty car with poor mileage that he paid way more for than I did my Ford, and then he got the privilege of paying much more to keep it running. My Ford was sold by me with 90K on it in nearly perfect condition after a bit of very little scheduled maintenance and no repairs needed. His Mazda was at the servicer more often in the first year of owning it than my Ford was the many years I had it.

-- Lloyd