Re: Ideological differences...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: Ideological differences between big 3 german, americans and jap trash
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date02/28/2014 15:25 (02/28/2014 08:25)
Message-ID<bnbkhsFt6qtU1@mid.individual.net>
FollowsNashton

On 2014-02-28 13:31:46 +0000, Nashton said:

Nashton

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-02-27 17:35:43 +0000, -hh said:

-hh
David Fritzinger wrote:

David Fritzinger
Potholes are not prevalent? Try driving on the roads>in NJ and NY at the present time. Many roads look as if they were in a war zone, and many, many people are losing tires, wheels and suspensions because of potholes>they have driven through.

-hh
Sure, they can get pretty nasty - I recall seeing a brief video clip on the local news within the past week or so where a disabled vehicle's right front wheel was turned 90 degrees - however, its IMO counterproductive to try to have a "who is worse?" contest, as there certainly are nightmares that crop up everywhere in the world.

That's pretty much why I characterized this as a _change_ in consumer behavior being the metric for concern, as this is locally self-normalized for whatever those local conditions are.

-hh

Lloyd E Parsons
And with many of today's cars coming with these low-profile tires potholes are more of a hazard than they used to be.

Nashton
That's why God gave us eyes.

Let's talk about these fat tires a bit.

Here's what you gain in practicality: Dry pavement - better than the narrower tires. Wet pavement - worse Snow up to 1" = worse and even worse in snow more than that. 1" is the definition they now use when the all-weather tire says 'light snow'. Hell, I can drive nearly slick tires on 1" of snow! Noise - worse

So we get the better look of the big ass rim, low=profile tire, and lose almost all the practicality of the tire. And we lose the resistance to road hazards we used to enjoy and we gain a big chance of rim damage when we have a tire failure.

Yeah, these fat tires are great... :(

-- Lloyd