Re: Ideological differences...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: Ideological differences between big 3 german, americans and jap trash
FromAlan Baker
Date03/01/2014 03:52 (02/28/2014 18:52)
Message-ID<leri0i$dkq$1@news.datemas.de>
FollowsNashton

On 2014-02-28 22:56:40 +0000, Nashton said:

Nashton
On 2014-02-27 4:36 AM, I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please wrote:

Alan Baker

On 2014-02-26 5:51 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Precisely. Shitload of understeer.

You are very prone to hyperbole. First, you declare that Haldex is universally considered junk and now this.

I don't know about "universally" it's crap in my book (both as a concept and as an implementations available to date) and that's all I care about.

You are entitled to your own opinion. What you first stated was that "everyone knows" or some such that it is crap. If you think it's crap, good on you, I have no problem with that at all.

Agreed. I guess few people care if awd actually works otherwise haldex based cars would not sell nearly as well.

If you drive it like a sports car, you can feel the understeer.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Well, if you don't, which most people don't, why would anyone care if they don't drive it on the track?

Because I do not go to the track. I do not want understeer on public roads.

You won't get it in a Maxima, buddy. Of course, if you opt for some el-cheapo Verano with nothing more than a stiffer suspension, lacking the dynamics of a car like the Maxima, it will become your daily reality.

Again, you just can't guess at that. You need to *actually* drive one, so your conclusions are uninformed and bogus at best.

I want car to turn pronto without an input lag worthy of ios 7 on iphine 5Cheap. Baker have explained in excruciating detail in another post in this thread that no matter how much you mash the fucking go pedal in a turn you only will be greeted with understeer in turns. Massive amounts of understeer in case of mazdaspeed 3. When I press the go pedal in a turn, specifically a u-turn in the context of public roads driving, I want the ass to come around quicker. Much quicker when the pavement is wet, covered with snow and/or ice.

That's simply idiotic. You are endangering other lives, driving like that. If you want to be a pretend race car drive, do like that freak bakr and rent some time on a track.

If you think that being able to control the car with the throttle is a bad thing, you haven't really thought it through...

...but that's hardly surprising.

Nashton
bakr begging for attention again.

Correcting misinformation, that's all.