Re: As with our trolls, the...

-hh
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons wh
From-hh
Date02/17/2014 20:37 (02/17/2014 11:37)
Message-ID<16721dbc-5c07-4a24-96ab-b86a07fb9d3c@googlegroups.com>
FollowsLloyd E Parsons
FollowupsLloyd E Parsons (49m) > -hh

On Monday, February 17, 2014 12:25:32 PM UTC-5, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
Overall a hell of a lot less scheduled maintenance cost than any of the German branded vehicles.

Yup.

Interestingly, up through 97,500 miles, total cost for all services wouldn't come to $750 on the Buick. So what the hell is up with such poor build quality in those German cars that they need so much expensive service??

I believe that it is a difference in design philosophy that's probably been prompted by a difference in EU-based regulations. For example, if memory serves, the VAT tax rate varies by engine displacement regardless of how much horsepower it makes, so that's a motivator to get more HP/Liter out of an engine, and in pursuing that objective, things like longer term maintainability can take a hit.

-hh