Re: As with our trolls, the...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date02/15/2014 21:25 (02/15/2014 14:25)
Message-ID<bma0oqFnvevU1@mid.individual.net>
Follows-hh
Followups-hh (3h & 40m) > Lloyd E Parsons

On 2014-02-15 16:14:53 +0000, -hh said:

-hh
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:56:06 AM UTC-5, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
I haven't priced synthetic oil in lots of years.

-hh
I looked earlier this morning at prices for both dinosaur and synthetic. I was surprised to find that K-Mart online had Exxon dinosaur for $2/Qt...everything else seemed to be in the $6 range. For synthetic, looked like around $15/Qt.

Lloyd E Parsons
But around here the dealer gets $40 to do an oil change and the periodic service with regular oil and filter. Hard to believe that synthetic oil would add $40 to the service.

-hh
$40? I'd check the receipts to see if they're actually using synthetic or not. If it is, then I'd suspect that they're using it as a 'Loss Leader' to get customers in the door.

-hh

You misread, it was using standard fossil oil, not synthetic.

-- Lloyd

-hh (3h & 40m) > Lloyd E Parsons