Re: Ideological differences...

David Fritzinger
SubjectRe: Ideological differences between big 3 german, americans and jap trash
FromDavid Fritzinger
Date02/27/2014 16:47 (02/27/2014 10:47)
Message-ID<dfritzin-03E99E.10474127022014@news.eternal-september.org>
Follows-hh

In article <46f76460-4263-4010-8cd7-544c4e8f358c@googlegroups.com>, -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>wrote:

-hh
(Previously posting as Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC), "I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please" subsequently wrote:

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
On 2/26/14, 21:05, -hh wrote:

-hh
Understandable. I believe that what transpired was that markets have to adapt to changing consumer interests and they were confronted with the decision...With the popularity growth of SUVs then (and continuing to today), a product that was more utilitarian looked like a good opportunity...

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
To tell the truth a ute makes a whole lot of sense where I live than a bottom scrubber such as cayman and 911 or even 4 seater panamera.

-hh
Perhaps individually so, but from a larger holistic view of society, such a shift carries connotations that our transportation infrastructure is regressing ... which is a very bad sign.

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
... and I would have preferred some inane arrangements with the engine in the middle of a 4 seater. I wonder if you can even pull a stint like that without having rear row facing backwards.

-hh
There's practical limits to the principle, and stepping out of the racing/competitive arena to general purpose driving, the difference between 9/10ths and 9.3/10ths isn't significant - - especially when also considering the driver skill set is much much more likely to be the limiting factor.

Another direction that they probably considered ....

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
hh for crissakes break the lines.

-hh
Sorry, it looks like Google once again figured out a way to make Google Groups even more USENET unfriendly, this time by abolishing the previously incorporated feature of auto word wrap.

Even so, I'd expect that traditional readers wouldn't have any particular problem with it. You're on Thunderbird, you said....anyone else having this problem with Thunderbird?

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
Nashton claims that it will be replaced with RS5 which might be in the same boat as that up and coming A4 on steroids from porsche.

-hh
"it"? Sorry, I lost context: Nashton claimed what would be replaced with an RS5?

Insofar as a potential reworked A4 from Porsche, stuff like the old RS4 never made it over to the USA for consideration. Would be nice to see it in a "Coupe GT" revival idea, though ;-)

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
Nashton, are you gonna carry kids in the trunk of that RS5?

I don't recall exactly what he said, but I believe he said the next car he would acquire would be an Audi A7, or S7. The A7 is similar to the VW CC and several other cars from major German car makers, in that it is a 4 door that is designed to look more like a coupe, with a low, sloping rear window, thus taking away much of the utility of the rear seats.

-hh
Nah, the RS5 is to haul the 7,000lb trailer that his Q7 isn't up to task for ;-)

-hh