Re: Rowing rowing down the ...

-hh
SubjectRe: Rowing rowing down the boat gently by the sea
From-hh
Date03/02/2014 12:14 (03/02/2014 03:14)
Message-ID<e7d51931-1859-4248-8d56-50a506643f6f@googlegroups.com>
FollowsLloyd E Parsons

Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-03-01 00:13:03 +0000, Nashton said:

Nashton
On 2014-02-24 10:06 AM, Lloyd E Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
I find the Verano to be lots of fun to drive. Yeah, I wouldn't want to road rally or go on a course with it, but still fun, but comfortable, quiet fun.

Nashton
Really, Lloyd. if you find stepping on a gas pedal and going forward fun, there is really nothing more to say.

Lloyd E Parsons
Or you driving your big ass station wagon around and trying to pass it off as some sort of performance vehicle, since that leaves you out in the rain so to speak.

Particularly when pretty much all he first talked about was 0-60mph times, followed then by an 'explanation' of how its torque rating made that possible; it's still a 3 Ton behemoth.

And while I could spend lots more on a car if I so chose, I can't figure out why I would want to. I'm not trying to impress anyone with my car,

Nashton
I don't race in any form and I do like my creature comforts. Age becomes

Lloyd E Parsons
a bigger determining factor as you get older. The cars of my younger days were a blast to drive, but I wouldn't want to be driving them now.

The Austin Healy, MG, Mustang and even the Audi were fun then, wouldn't be now.

Note that you didn't comment about these. How about a Lexus? Or a Mercedes? Or an Alfa Romeo?

I've driven and owned some of those over the years also.

There's a broad variety of product to experience. Each has its Pros/Cons. For example, loved the Audi A6 Avant twin turbo diesel, except for at elevated velocities - IMO, VWs and MBs I've driven both had better planting of the front end...as well as the A4 and A3 for that matter, although I didn't care for the latter's mannerisms at middling speeds.

When you grow up and find out that absolutely no one is impressed with your choice of vehicle, you'll wonder why you pissed all that money away.

Well, there's always the prepubescent teens that still are exploited by product marketing...as well as a whole cult of Mustang -vs- Camaro owners ;-). But this is also why I see little reason to bother mentioning all my rides here: I simply buy for myself, regardless of folks misinterpreting that.

Until then, keep bloviating. It's fun to watch your ass get owned!

-). It's just another hunk of metal, to be employed and consumed by use. Which is also why I have no particular interest in having a garage queen. I did have an opportunity some years to go to have had picked up a Jag E-Type convertible in classical BRG paint and light tan leather, but I also knew that I didn't have a garage bay to dedicate for it, and had I rented one, then it never really would have gotten driven...had an uncle who had "Queened" a Pagota SL, as well as a now-retired former boss who had four Vettes in storage, all of which I thought (then and still now) was an utter waste.

-hh