Re: As with our trolls, the...

ed
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons wh
Fromed
Date02/19/2014 17:43 (02/19/2014 08:43)
Message-ID<31d2c409-5283-457d-8f75-32d7902c8e88@googlegroups.com>
Follows-hh
Followups-hh (9m) > ed

On Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:37:13 AM UTC-8, -hh wrote:

-hh
On Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:31:22 AM UTC-5, ed wrote:

ed
On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:39:12 PM UTC-8, -hh wrote:

Alan Baker
But tell us all, Nicolas: what are the specific courses you've taken that have taught you so much about the subject.

-hh
You mean a list something like: "ENGR 220 Fundamentals of Materials 4.0 Credits Introduces materials and their properties; atomic view and architecture of solids; atomic motion in solids, mechanical, magnetic, electrical and optical properties of materials. Corrosion and degradation of solids." "MEM 230 Mechanics of Materials I 4.0 Credits Covers definitions of stress and strain, uniaxial loading, torsion, bending moments and shear forces in beams, bending stresses and shear stress in beams, and stress transformation." "MEM 238 Dynamics 4.0 Credits Covers kinematics and kinetics in two and three-dimensional space, force and acceleration, linear and angular momentum, and energy methods."

ed
Uh, is this supposed to be a list of classes you took?

-hh
Its generally illustrative, hence the 'something like', as what my curriculum was predates contemporary website content.

ed
If so, you should know that a dynamics class doesn't really go into materials (unless it's a structural dynamics class, which a me 200 class isn't (even putting aside the description)).

-hh
You're trying to infer that one can determine fatigue life suitability by only knowing the material, and nothing about the actual forces acting upon the design elements.

Want to think that one through again, ed?

dude. a undergrad dynamics class solves problems like: http://web.njit.edu/~milano/dyn-examples/Hc13-22.pdf http://web.njit.edu/~milano/dyn-examples/Hc14-7.pdf http://web.njit.edu/~milano/dyn-examples/Hc16-2&3.pdf http://web.njit.edu/~milano/dyn-hw/hib22-4vibr.pdf

yes, the background is useful, but not vaguely specifically relevant to the question at hand, and certainly not something you would list in a set of classes to show you understand the problem- it'd be like listing a general calculus or physics class.

Oh right, the usual ed-ism: delete the part of the quote where a primary point of discussion was specifically mentioned by name. Nice going.

i deleted the part i had no issue with / comment on.

-hh (9m) > ed