Re: As with our trolls, the...

sms
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons wh
Fromsms
Date02/19/2014 15:09 (02/19/2014 06:09)
Message-ID<le2duh$k4h$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsLloyd E Parsons
FollowupsDavid Fritzinger (1h & 24m) > sms

On 2/19/2014 5:55 AM, Lloyd E Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
When I looked and drove the Jetta, the salesguy didn't want me leaving the dealership without buying as I had expected. When I casually asked him about wiggle room on pricing, he said that VW doesn't have those big incentives or discounts at the dealership, though they did have some.

I think VW/Audi makes all their money on repairs. I've had three VWs and while I loved the performance and handling, they had mechanical issues that you don't get on Toyotas. I'd avoid Hondas because the long-term dependability has been poor, especially on big-ticket items like transmissions <http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/08/honda-transmission-problems-seem-to-persist/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0>.

These days you can dicker over practically any purchase if you have the patience and perserverance, and certainly for almost any brand of automobile.

I don't think that they'll bargain at the Apple store.

If you buy used, you pay too much for many of them, the insurance costs are higher and the interest on the loan is higher. Sometimes to the point where used is definitely more expensive than new.

And you get the entire warranty term. My nephew just bought a used Prius. He didn't want to spend $22K and a four year old one was $16K. So it was a 6K difference. Then he bought a Toyota extended warranty which must have been another $800-1000. I thought it was crazy. They could have put $16K down and had a loan of $6K (leaving aside the wisdom of buying a Prius at all).

David Fritzinger (1h & 24m) > sms