Re: As with our trolls, the...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date02/19/2014 04:39 (02/18/2014 21:39)
Message-ID<bmin6bFjeqcU1@mid.individual.net>
FollowsNashton

On 2014-02-18 22:43:00 +0000, Nashton said:

Nashton

Lloyd E Parsons

Nashton

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-02-16 12:45:15 +0000, -hh said:

-hh
Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
-hh said:

-hh
BTW, congrats on the new ride. Enjoy!

Lloyd E Parsons
Thanks, I am.

I'm very impressed with the handling, nice and tight and on par with> the Jetta on curvy roads. Better interior with all the gee-gaws that>Buick likes to stick in their cars and very quiet going down the road.

-hh
Its always interesting to see how a particular brand chooses to 'tune' their product. Nice to hear that GM has a product that's firm on the suspension ... probably due to a little bit of 'German Heritage' from the Delta II platform (developed by Opal); I can recall an old Caprice which did great in the 'quiet floating' category, but ended up suffering for that isolation in the bends.

Lloyd E Parsons
Until recently, Buicks were made and marketed to the old farts! Nice soft, floaty ride and dead quiet going down the road were things that the group likes. But the Verano is being targetted towards a younger crowd as is most of the Buick line.

And yes, Opel's influence is all around you in the Verano. It really does remind you of German engineering and design with more emphasis on interior tweaks that are of interest to the market here.

Nashton
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahah!.

I took the Q7 for its first spin to Halifax yesterday.

The weather and road conditions were abysmal. You should have seen the thing go. Simply astonishing. I was going not slower than 120 Klms/hr in anything you can imagine, from slush to ice. Gusts up to 60 klms/hr, which I couldn't feel at *all*.

Lloyd E Parsons
Unless your windspeed measurement was with some kind of new 'Klms/hr' I call bullshit!

Nashton
Call it whatever you like. You'll never own one anyway, so what's the use?

If you think any NA junk can beat quattro, you're dumber that we thought you were.

Now shut up and disappear.

Lloyd E Parsons
You know just because you fucking canucks worship the queen doesn't mean you have to buy their overpriced vehicles.

I could pay way too much for an Audi like you did and have the extra service that goes with all that eurotrash just to brag to friends that I pissed away a bunch of money, but I instead chose not to.

Nashton
Don't confuse the fact that you pay too much for Apple junk, with my paying what I consider is a price well worth every penny for an outstanding SUV.

No confusion at all. You're convinced you are the 'expert' in value.

Most here disagree.

You bought an anemic, run off the mill, North American rust bucket, rental car fleet car, that drives like crap, looks like crap and will probably leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere.

When that happens, you'll remember me.

LOL

My anemic, run of the mill, NA rust bucket will last for as many years as I need it to. The last one was 4.5 years old and looked and drove the same as it did when I bought it. Same mfg too.

And in those 4.5 years, I didn't pay $750 for scheduled maint. services, more like $250.

-- Lloyd