Re: As with our trolls, the...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the mor
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date02/15/2014 03:23 (02/14/2014 20:23)
Message-ID<bm807kFau2bU1@mid.individual.net>
FollowsNashton

On 2014-02-15 01:01:32 +0000, Nashton said:

Nashton
On 2014-02-14 8:31 PM, ed wrote:

ed
My wife has a jetta TDI. It's a nice car, drives awesome, but maintainence is pricey (and frequent with the dsg auto, which I'm guessing you'd get since you're shopping Buick :P). We've also had a couple REALLY pricey repairs (might want to read up at tdiclub.com before buying).

Nashton
Like what?

One of the more expensive maintenance items is the servicing of the DSG tranny every 40K miles. Just that alone costs more than $400. Basically a filter change and change the fluid, same thing on most other vehicles from the US cost less than $200 and is usually a one-time thing. Hell, I've had lots of cars over the years and never did any tranny service yet they all held up.

-- Lloyd