Re: Ideological differences...

-hh
SubjectRe: Ideological differences between big 3 german, americans and jap trash
From-hh
Date02/23/2014 13:00 (02/23/2014 04:00)
Message-ID<b916a455-6e38-4e3d-b0b3-3dc2d289c242@googlegroups.com>
FollowsNashton
FollowupsBrake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC (22h & 28m)

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:20:41 AM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
On 2/22/14, 18:41, -hh wrote:

-hh
On Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:05:42 AM UTC-5, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
On 2014-02-21 12:49 PM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Right, they fixed the ride, but now you've got problems with the fucking understeer, cause the fucking thing got fwd.

Nashton
You mean torque steer.

-hh
No, he means understeer, although not necessarily for the reason he claims.

Nashton
What context, you bloviating idiot?

Well, the context is that _you_ claimed it was torque steer.

Can anyone recall any time where you've made a torque steer claim which actually was correct? I know I can't.

The only context where understeer would be a factor in a FWD as opposed to a RWD, is at much higher speeds and generally in a track situation.

Torque steer, OTOH, is obvious at any speed.

Under/Oversteer can happen at any speed too.

No, bloviator, he meant torque steer.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
When you get at least 50% of torque to the rear axle it's a piece of cace to rotate the car once you will have turned ESP off.

Nashton
Oh, merci beaucoup, Captain Obvious.

And yet you still don't know enough to have recognized it as obvious.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
So yes I meant understeer in the drivetrain layout context. Though subaru with it's outgoing symmetrican layout is notoriously unwilling to rotate. I guess it's a moot point in a pig such as Q7.

Not really: the Q7's weight distribution illustrates that it is still nose-heavy, which is the most common factor for understeer. That's why it gets a bag of electronic magic to try to compensate...not sure if it includes braking-based torque vectoring in its Quattro system, as it seems to be that Audi is still reserving that for just the S models:

<http://www.audiusa.com/search?query=torque+vectoring>

Nashton
Funny though, how my "pig" can leave most cars in the dust...

Not really: its just half the page of Carol Shelby's "technology" from the 1960s.

FYI, the half of the page which you don't have was to also add lightness, and while it was in Shelby's playbook, he wasn't really the originator of at all. It is also the harder of the two to accomplish.

In any case, you're still invited to prove your pig by a drag race for pink slips. That is, once you eventually have yours sent to you from the bank (if ever). That is presently scheduled to occur in February 2019, which is just around the corner ... of course, by then, while your Slovenian VW will probably still have under 100K miles, with the way that you run your mouth, your jaw will easily have over 400,000 miles on it ;-)

-hh