Re: Pothole queen tire thread

-hh
SubjectRe: Pothole queen tire thread
From-hh
Date03/02/2014 00:27 (03/01/2014 15:27)
Message-ID<318adaa2-1a8c-42c0-986f-3a6d7005be0a@googlegroups.com>
Followsed

On Saturday, March 1, 2014 5:17:35 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:

ed
On Saturday, March 1, 2014 1:00:37 PM UTC-8, -hh wrote:

-hh
Ed wrote:

ed
You said all he put down was what he could afford. Bragging or not, that's a stupid statement.

-hh
Yet he did try to defend it. Context, remember?

ed
the context also includes him saying that he had enough cash to pay for the whole thing, but of course you con't care about that (nor do i for the record).

Check the archives, ed: I _did_ make a specific comment on exactly that claim too, showing how it was yet another fallacious and misleading statement.

Especially given the low rates available for car loans and the market, only those who are stupid with money, debt averse, or out of the market would put more down than necessary.

-hh
Now you're just trying to backpedal, ed, because you're trying to lecture me with a point I raised first.

ed
how can you say i'm backpedalling when my position hasn't changed one bit...

Because taken together with your other comment, your tune has has changed because your contextual selectivity.

(for the record, it's that what you put down on a car doesn't indicate that's what you can afford)? i'm not asserting other than that the amount one puts down doesn't indicate that's all one can afford.

Repeat your half-truth as many times as you like, but it is quite plain with each refrain that what you're trying to imply is that the down payment can NEVER possibly be an indicator of affordability...which we all know to be a lie.

-hh