Re: As with our trolls, the...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with t
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date02/16/2014 01:25 (02/15/2014 18:25)
Message-ID<bmaereFqs79U1@mid.individual.net>
Follows-hh
Followups-hh (12h & 19m) > Lloyd E Parsons

On 2014-02-16 00:05:45 +0000, -hh said:

-hh

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-02-15 16:14:53 +0000, -hh said:

-hh
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:56:06 AM UTC-5, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
But around here the dealer gets $40 to do an oil change and the periodic service with regular oil and filter. Hard to believe that synthetic oil would add $40 to the service.

-hh
$40? I'd check the receipts to see if they're actually using synthetic>>or not. If it is, then I'd suspect that they're using it as a 'Loss>>Leader' to get customers in the door.

Lloyd E Parsons
You misread, it was using standard fossil oil, not synthetic.

-hh
Ah, that makes much more sense. In that context, I'd certainly expect that going to a synthetic would probably add $40 to the Service...IMO, my SWAG would be an extra $10/qt and with the typical crank now holding around 4.5 quarts, would be in the +$45 range.

BTW, congrats on the new ride. Enjoy!

-hh

Thanks, I am.

I'm very impressed with the handling, nice and tight and on par with the Jetta on curvy roads. Better interior with all the gee-gaws that Buick likes to stick in their cars and very quiet going down the road.

But I've already surprised at the gas mileage! Took it up on the open road and cruising along at a steady 71mph was getting 36mpg instantaneous steadily and later around town somewhere around 27-29mpg. That's better than the specs call for and leads me to believe that when it is broke in it will do better.

-- Lloyd

-hh (12h & 19m) > Lloyd E Parsons