Re: As with our trolls, the...

Lloyd E Parsons
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the mor
FromLloyd E Parsons
Date02/14/2014 18:10 (02/14/2014 11:10)
Message-ID<bm6vqeF48ajU1@mid.individual.net>
Follows-hh
FollowupsDavid Fritzinger (1h & 38m)
Nashton (5h & 16m) > Lloyd E Parsons

On 2014-02-14 15:58:02 +0000, -hh said:

-hh
Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
hh said:>>Perhaps he's simply afraid that anything less than a fat-friendly>>industrial dump truck might cause him to get stuck in a bucket seat,>>particularly since he's probably already finding the Audi to be a tad

-hh
narrower in comparison to the Toyota.>>Went looking at cars today. Drove the Buick Encore, very nice and well>equipped for around $20K with some dickering. Looked at the Buick>Verano and really liked it but didn't drive it yet. They had a smaller>Cadillac on the showroom floor that really looked aggressive. All jet>black including the wheels with a very dark tint where allowed. More>than I want to spend and I sure don't want a black car, but it sure>looked sweet.

There's a good number of vehicles that look nicer in the showroom than in real life. I went to the Philly Auto Show last week and noticed that the "matte finish" was gone. BMW had been really promoting this at the past two years of shows. Talked briefly with a Maserati Rep about it specifically ... he said that there was one at the show - a Hyundai(!) and that that customer demographic isn't likely to know that you can't take that finish thru a standard car wash without ruining it, etc.

Lloyd E Parsons
Also took a look at our brand spanking new VW dealership that opened> just about a week ago. I'm going back and driving the Passat and> Jettas including a TDI model.

-hh
A couple of coworkers have VW and have mostly had good experiences. The only bad one was a lousy service rep who blamed the customer for his car's underbody plastic panel coming loose on the NJ turnpike very shortly after his service dept had removed it to do an oil change - it was quite obviously just not properly reattached after the service. One coworker has the Jetta TDI Sportwagon (might have a new name this year?) which he likes a lot...it was on my own short list of VW models to research further.

Lloyd E Parsons
The one option I didn't see on VWs>unless you want to spend way more than I think they're worth is>automatic climate control. I really like that.

-hh
I hadn't noticed that, but I'd not be all too terribly surprised - it isn't uncommon to be forced into a larger package for a particular option of interest...

-hh

The automatic climate control for Jetta or Passat seems to only be in the top of the series, which is not the case with most other mfgs. I noticed in some discussions and web reviews that it was mentioned a few times as being odd.

And since other lines offer it quite a bit down the line, you'd think VW would catch on.

Basically with VW you pay more to get less until you want to pay lots more! :) The Buick Verano, which is the bottom of the Buick sedans has it as standard equipment as well as a slew of other things that are extra cost options on any of VW's lineup.

And in the Buick Encore, it is a single step up from base to get it.

And with VW it seems that dickering from list is a bit more daunting.

-- Lloyd