Re: Rowing rowing down the ...

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
SubjectRe: Rowing rowing down the boat gently by the sea
FromI hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
Date03/10/2014 10:17 (03/10/2014 12:17)
Message-ID<lfjvvt$mee$1@dont-email.me>
Follows-hh
Followups-hh (2h & 33m) > I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please

On 3/10/14, 0:43, -hh wrote:

-hh
On Monday, March 3, 2014 12:18:05 PM UTC-5, David Fritzinger wrote:

David Fritzinger
[...]

And there goes Nashton again, boasting about what he owns. If your whole life is based on your toys (as it seems to be, considering your posts here), I really do feel sorry for you.

-hh
Ran across this saying last week, which is quite appropriate:

"If you keep it to yourself, you are buying it for yourself. But if you tell the world, you are buying it for them"

In any case, I've been looking at some of my personal options for financing, which mostly comes down to the question of cash vs a "good" loan (e.g., low rate)...I have my own thoughts on the matter, but invite the sounding board:

what are peoples' opinion for what the 'Go/NoGo' break point is for interest rates today for what they believe is worth taking, so as to leave one's cash invested?

IE, if the offered rate is below X%, then take the rate; otherwise just pay cash...what's your X?

I'd be borrowing $10k tops at 12% tops if I were in the states. Probably it's better to punt those 10k into a secondary loan on the house as those are well under 12% but that's just me. If you have $10k lying around why borrow? You can get something 2-3 old in a decent shape.

If your house is paid off then obviously a new car might be an attractive choice since the interest rates are much lower.

There's really no reason to compare as your situation is probably drastically different than that of a guy next door.

Someone just needs to crawl from place A to place B on the cheap, but Nashton would insist on doing all the ritz and there is just about anything in between. YM truly MV.