Re: Ideological differences...

Nashton
SubjectRe: Ideological differences between big 3 german, americans and jap trash
FromNashton
Date03/01/2014 00:06 (02/28/2014 19:06)
Message-ID<ler4pe$m5o$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsBrake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC

On 2014-02-26 9:21 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC

Nashton
On 2014-02-26 5:51 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Precisely. Shitload of understeer.

Nashton
You are very prone to hyperbole. First, you declare that Haldex is universally considered junk and now this.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
I don't know about "universally" it's crap in my book (both as a concept and as an implementations available to date) and that's all I care about.

Nashton
You are entitled to your own opinion. What you first stated was that "everyone knows" or some such that it is crap. If you think it's crap, good on you, I have no problem with that at all.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Agreed. I guess few people care if awd actually works otherwise haldex based cars would not sell nearly as well.

Nashton
If you drive it like a sports car, you can feel the understeer.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Nashton
Well, if you don't, which most people don't, why would anyone care if they don't drive it on the track?

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Because I do not go to the track. I do not want understeer on public roads.

Nashton
You won't get it in a Maxima, buddy. Of course, if you opt for some el-cheapo Verano with nothing more than a stiffer suspension, lacking the dynamics of a car like the Maxima, it will become your daily reality.

Again, you just can't guess at that. You need to *actually* drive one, so your conclusions are uninformed and bogus at best.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
I want car to turn pronto without an input lag worthy of ios 7 on iphine 5Cheap. Baker have explained in excruciating detail in another post in this thread that no matter how much you mash the fucking go pedal in a turn you only will be greeted with understeer in turns. Massive amounts of understeer in case of mazdaspeed 3. When I press the go pedal in a turn, specifically a u-turn in the context of public roads driving, I want the ass to come around quicker. Much quicker when the pavement is wet, covered with snow and/or ice.

Nashton
That's simply idiotic. You are endangering other lives, driving like that.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
You are making an assumption that I do that all the time while the truth is that I do it when it's prudent to do so: empty road, me and count'em, light posts, here I come.

The way you go on about it, yes.

So having said that you can stuff your "endangering other lives" you know where.

Drifting in a uturn at a whopping 25-35mph on an empty 6-8 lane stree is so fucking dangerous. Right. No margin for a screwup whatsoever.

Until you actually hit someone and kill him/her. In which case, you would be wrong.

Nashton
And if you want your car to stick to the road, get a quattro because drifting on public roads is illegal.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
I do have a quattro(torsen to be specific) version of A4 in case you missed that part from my prior posts. I routinely turn off ESP whenever it's A) slicky B) prudent to do so exactly to eliminate understeer.

Unless you move the engine a bit further behind the front axle, you're not reducing understeer by turning off the ESP. Not on a quattro.

Where the fuck does it say in the penal code or a driver's handbook that drifting is illegal?

Drifting is illegal in NA. Period.

I'm sure some overzealous LEO in canada and US could ding you for that, but it's on his perception of your "reckless" driving.

You've *got* to be joking.

In which case you were the one to blame since you did not notice the officer to begin with. Which means it might not have been safe to drift to begin with as you were not fully aware of your surroundings. So stop bitching and pay the ticket.

I would be the one to blame for engaging in dangerous driving, regardless of whether a cop was watching.