Re: Ideological differences...

Nashton
SubjectRe: Ideological differences between big 3 german, americans and jap trash
FromNashton
Date02/26/2014 14:02 (02/26/2014 09:02)
Message-ID<lekole$kam$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsBrake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
FollowupsLloyd E Parsons (6m)
Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC (18m) > Nashton
Alan Baker (5h & 6m)

On 2014-02-26 5:51 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Precisely. Shitload of understeer.

Nashton
You are very prone to hyperbole. First, you declare that Haldex is universally considered junk and now this.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
I don't know about "universally" it's crap in my book (both as a concept and as an implementations available to date) and that's all I care about.

Nashton
You are entitled to your own opinion. What you first stated was that "everyone knows" or some such that it is crap. If you think it's crap, good on you, I have no problem with that at all.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Agreed. I guess few people care if awd actually works otherwise haldex based cars would not sell nearly as well.

Nashton
If you drive it like a sports car, you can feel the understeer.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Nashton
Well, if you don't, which most people don't, why would anyone care if they don't drive it on the track?

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Because I do not go to the track. I do not want understeer on public roads.

You won't get it in a Maxima, buddy. Of course, if you opt for some el-cheapo Verano with nothing more than a stiffer suspension, lacking the dynamics of a car like the Maxima, it will become your daily reality.

Again, you just can't guess at that. You need to *actually* drive one, so your conclusions are uninformed and bogus at best.

I want car to turn pronto without an input lag worthy of ios 7 on iphine 5Cheap. Baker have explained in excruciating detail in another post in this thread that no matter how much you mash the fucking go pedal in a turn you only will be greeted with understeer in turns. Massive amounts of understeer in case of mazdaspeed 3. When I press the go pedal in a turn, specifically a u-turn in the context of public roads driving, I want the ass to come around quicker. Much quicker when the pavement is wet, covered with snow and/or ice.

That's simply idiotic. You are endangering other lives, driving like that. If you want to be a pretend race car drive, do like that freak bakr and rent some time on a track.

And if you want your car to stick to the road, get a quattro because drifting on public roads is illegal.

Nashton
Hint, I don't. If anything, I'm more concerned about torque steer. And they have done a superb job in tuning it out.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
... and it's also absent on a lot of cheaper cars.

Nashton
Not with 300 HP and the dynamics and weight and luxury level of a 7th gen Maxima.

I agree with you here too.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Right, I don't want an understeering bulldozer regardless whether it's 4pot turbo mazdaspeed or a 6 pot boat anchor of maxima. Thanks.

I'd rather get a stang than maxima if I were in the states. Maxima only advantage is that it's a 4 door muscle car rather than 2 door.

Nashton
And I drive in crappy conditions, i.e. snow and ice.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Right. That's precisely why I want rwd: to get the ass around quicker with the gas pedal.

Nashton
OK, but you don't know what kind of condition we deal with up here. It's abysmal. Especially since budget cuts have made road maintenance a non priority. I would have loved to get a Q50, but I'd be digging myself out of ditches and worse.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Why?

Are you serious.

Nashton
A Mustang? Another cruise ship boat anchor.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Ok, I haven't driven one. And given that I'm not in the states I probably won't. But it's not expensive and it makes sense for some empty nested americans who don't want to pay for intelligence of a euro car.

Nashton
OK, agreed.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
But I want brain so it's a simple decision between A4 quattro manual for snow and BMW 320i for sunbelt like climates (xi sadly is no longer offered with a stick in the states).

Nashton
But wait, didn't you say that Haldex is crap?

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
I did say that. You found haldex in a bmw? In the trunk perhaps on the way to the musium of idiotic engineering?

Nashton
You're contradicting yourself at every turn.

And an A4 is hardly conducive to transporting more than 2 people and very small kids in the back.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Yes. It's a challenge. It's easier to do in your maxivan. Thank you Captain Obvious again for stating this.

Nashton
Well, we are discussing cars and I happen to own-sorry, drive one. Why would I not bring it up? Especially since i consider it to be the best compromise on the market today for my needs?

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Mostly because X5 makes a better sense for lease. Given the audi attentition to zincing the chassis rust through perforation might have been deciding factor if you wanted Q7 for keeps, but you don't, so competing bmw product makes a whole lot of sense (because it's probably more fun to drive and is about the same money) unless you are in the same predicament as I am == few bmw dealers in the neighbourhood == high probability of receiving shitty service in some dept some day and having nowhere to turn.

I drove it, I didn't like it. Not the looks, nor the dynamics. The Q7 beat it hands down in everything. You really ought to test drive both and see for yourself. I have owned many cars, but this Q7 is the bee's knees.

Dealership location not an issue as I travel often to a city that has all the luxury brand dealerships.