Re: As with our trolls, the...

Tim
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons
FromTim
Date02/19/2014 04:11 (02/18/2014 22:11)
Message-ID<180220142211397750%teadams$2$0$0$3@earthlink.net>
FollowsLloyd E Parsons
FollowupsLloyd E Parsons (36m)

In article <bmhf3dFb8umU1@mid.individual.net>, Lloyd E Parsons <lloydp21@live.com>wrote:

~snip

Lloyd E Parsons
In general I don't tend to have lots of problems with cars since I started buying new ones. Back in the day when I had no money and bought all used, it was a different story. :)

The only American cars I've had problems with were Chryslers. I swear I could buy a new one and not even clear the lot without some damn thing quitting!! :) That was the one brand I didn't even look at.

Here in town we have a Chevy and a Chrysler dealer. I won't buy Chrysler at all, and I won't buy a Chevy from the local guy either.

Here's the story behind the in town Chevy dealer. About a year ago my son went to them and found a nice little S-10. He was talking to the sales guy and got confused, so he called me. I went to the dealer, the sales guy made his pitch with all kinds of nice salestype lingo, but noticeably he never said what he wanted for the truck. Started talking about how he needed to check credit and all that.

So I told him I might just buy it for my son so credit wasn't an issue. He then said he needed to check mine. I told him that if I bought it I would just write a check so my credit wasn't an issue either. Still no price given. Finally I point blank asked him what he wanted, he dodged, so I asked him again, still no price just more bullshit.

Finally I told him I knew exactly how much he wanted for the truck. He looked at me in an odd way and asked how I knew that since he hadn't told me. I told him that since the price was that big of a fucking secret it was too damned much, then I told him exactly the spot on his anatomy that the truck would fit real nicely, told my son to get up and let's go.

A friend of mine said they tried that same crap on him for new car and his response was pretty much what mine was!! :)

The owner of the dealership called me a bit later and asked about it and I told him that regardless of any other considerations that he'd never sell me or anyone I could influence, a car or truck. He then claimed that not telling the price was not 'normal', though stories abound around town that it is exactly what they still do! Fucking amazing...

I had a dealer that took my keys to test drive my trade in then refused to give them back till I signed on the dotted line for the new car. Pulling my cell phone out and looking up the number for the local police station changed his mind real fast.

~snip

-- regarding Snit  "You are not flamed because you speak the truth, you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting the newsgroup." Andrew J. Brehm