Re: As with our trolls, the...

Gary
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons
FromGary
Date02/12/2014 20:39 (02/12/2014 19:39)
Message-ID<52fbcdfb$0$41157$c3e8da3$1f4c1d68@news.astraweb.com>
FollowsBrake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC

On 2014-02-12 08:34:37 +0000, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC said:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC

Alan Baker

Nashton
On 2014-02-11 4:49 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC

Nashton

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-02-10 15:47:41 +0000, Silver Slimer said:

Silver Slimer
On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 07:29:06 -0500, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC <isquat@gmail.com>wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Who gives a flying fuck. Bottom line is this: while on a full tower PC you can swap the graphics cards to work around bugs and features in (expensive) suite such a maya on new Mac Pro you'd suck your own dick while it's sorted out between the 3rd party (expensive) sw maker and apple.

Silver Slimer
I truly DO enjoy that every part of my desktop experience is determined by me. The motherboard's make is mine to decide, as is the graphics card, RAM manufacturer and sound card. It truly is liberating.

Lloyd E Parsons
As is mine, I choose to use those parts that Apple, MS and other mfgs decide to put into them.

What I don't do, nor want to do, is twiddle with making some butt ugly tower! :)

Nashton
Oh yes, the butt ugly tower argument # 34.a. And besides, what do you ever do on a computer to justify your twiddling?

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
since you had to ask surf the web spam the usenet

Nashton
hahahaha

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
I need a dual discrete graphics to do that can't ya see? that's the exec pastime most user of mac pro (check the subject) are engaged in

Nashton
No kidding.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Twiddling? Whatever makes the fucking maya work. You can distinguish between the ends and means, cancha? Not so much for means on new mac pro.

Nashton
Whomever buys this piece of utter junk for performance alone, ought to think about configuring a dedicated PC for his/her ends. Not only because it's a new model, prone to growing pains, especially overheating issues, but because Apple hasn't made up their minds as to whether they will drop or continue to support pros.

Alan Baker
You have evidence that the new Mac Pro is "prone to overheating issues"?

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
He does not. However, as evidenced by the very existence of the thread, GPUs welded shut into a "Pro" box will turn a $3k+ worth of equipment into a doorstop for some users. The transistor count is high and therefore bugs are abundant. Some can be worked around in software but there is a performance hit when the drivers falls off the hardware path.

Ironically enough with Microsoft tightfisting DirectX GPUs could be lowfat but that's not possible in opengl domain given that there is shitload of old OpenGL apis that are around from 1.0 days that noone bothered to deprecate.

The problem is compounded that even the redbook still has glbegin/glend crap in it. So if MS was in PC hardware business it could order Intel a very lean GPU for its hardware whereas apple can no do that because of the extensive professional 3D software that nobody bothered to clean and GPU makers are forced to support with ridiculous transistor counts.

If you dont like it dont buy it………thats an easy rule to live by.

all the trolls can do is moan moan moan over getting their ass whooped by Apple.

The Mac pro line has always been the most desirable machines for pro users for years, they have not abandoned it just cause Apple didnt update it for a while.

This is now the future guys, the ugly tower is a thing of the past.