Re: Pothole queen tire thread

-hh
SubjectRe: Pothole queen tire thread
From-hh
Date02/28/2014 19:12 (02/28/2014 10:12)
Message-ID<a18b3b67-7bf6-4329-93e5-f62c6c9c9ce4@googlegroups.com>
FollowsI hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please wrote:

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
-hh wrote:

-hh
Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
But if run-flats are a problem, why would one replace a bad one with another just like it?

-hh
Simply put, the spare tire wheel well no longer exists in the car's design to revert back to using traditional tires and carrying a spare (traditional or compact).

I hate front wheel drive, send most torque to the rear, please
I carry 4 mounted tire and weel sets to a shop twice a year. Carrying one without a dedicated tire well is not a terrible idea considering ...

It isn't, but since the spare can't avoid occupying space, it degrades the general utility of the vehicle.

Guess why people buy station wagons? But it sure sucks not having a spare tire well to swallow a full size tire in a sedan.

What also had been a 'sucks' design were those vehicles which had a spare tire wheel well, but it was sized only to fit the compact spare: EG, the flat tire removed from the car was too big to fit back into the well.

-hh