Re: As with our trolls, the...

-hh
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons wh
From-hh
Date02/20/2014 15:28 (02/20/2014 06:28)
Message-ID<aef7610a-c190-4b99-a107-f9f9d3ca7773@googlegroups.com>
FollowupsSandman (1h & 13m)

Sandman wrote:

Sandman
-hh wrote:

Nashton
I'm just enjoying my awesome acquisition.

Sandman
You mean lease.

-hh
Well that certainly explains the vocabulary of "acquisition" instead of "purchase" or "buy".

Sandman
Well, "acquire" means "buys or obtain (an asset or object) for oneself" so it really doesn't apply to a rented car. It's not his.

I think that there's sufficient interpretational lattitude in the "obtain" part of that definition which would cover it.

EG: "She acquired a new apartment" "He acquired a new car on lease",

etc.

Nashton 04/17/2013 12:30:22 PM <kkltjr$r00$1@speranza.aioe.org>

"A car isn't an asset. It's liability, no matter what you buy."

-hh
Well, from his life view he does have somewhat of a point: it is functionally just a liability until the pink slip (Title) shows up - - which in the context of his leases never happens.

Sandman
I know, that's the fun part. :)

The other entertainment is in that he's still not splashed any photographs; perhaps it should be renamed "The Slovenian Phantom". :-)

BTW, I also think that the 'perfect car' that I had been putting down attributes for can be simplistically summarized as something in the family of the old Porsche 944. Unfortunately, as a new car that product is long since gone, as well as its replacement, the 968. Nevertheless, I believe that I have finally found something that will adequately suffice. Offline if you're deeply interested, since its still way too much fun to keep Nasty in the dark ;-)

-hh

Sandman (1h & 13m)