Re: As with our trolls, the...

sms
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the m
Fromsms
Date02/20/2014 22:16 (02/20/2014 13:16)
Message-ID<le5rap$qpa$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsLloyd E Parsons
FollowupsLloyd E Parsons (15m)

On 2/20/2014 5:42 AM, Lloyd E Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-02-20 13:31:06 +0000, Sandman said:

Sandman
In article <e21190e6-d38a-49c9-b41a-23dfba36d661@googlegroups.com>, -hh wrote:

Nashton: I'm just enjoying my awesome acquisition.

Sandman: You mean lease.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Well that certainly explains the vocabulary of "acquisition" instead of "purchase" or "buy".

Sandman
Well, "acquire" means "buys or obtain (an asset or object) for oneself" so it really doesn't apply to a rented car. It's not his.

Lloyd E Parsons
Yep, a lease is a special deal.

You get to use the car for a fixed fee, and unless you get a full service lease, you also get : 1. to pay for all maintenance services 2. to pay for the insurance, which is higher than for the same vehicle purchased. 3. In case of a total, how do you cover the gap between what the vehicle is worth and what the insurance company will pay the leasing company?

Buick has a 'special' lease program. Low mileage lease for 2 years with all maintenance included. Of course, if you buy a new Buick you also get 2 years of maintenance these days.

The funny part is that the cost of that maintenance if you just paid for it yourself would mostly be just some oil/filter changes. For GM's that's about $40 per event.

While I've never personally leased a vehicle, for some vehicle brands, for some situations, it can make sense, and Buick is one of those brands because of its poor resale value.

If you're buying a vehicle with poor resale value, and plan to keep it only 3-5 years, and there's a good lease deal, then leasing can be a better deal than buying.