Re: As with our trolls, the...

Nashton
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the moron
FromNashton
Date02/22/2014 03:48 (02/21/2014 22:48)
Message-ID<le935f$4el$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsBrake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Followups-hh (1h & 25m)

On 2014-02-21 12:57 PM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
On 2/21/14, 17:30, David Fritzinger wrote:

David Fritzinger
In article <le7gfl$rb8$3@dont-email.me>, "Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC" <isquat@gmail.com>wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
[snip]

-hh
That also isn't the only example of platform sharing. For example, all of these were built on the same platform (and with variations, the same manufacturing line):

Audi A3 Mk2 (8P) Audi TT Mk2 (8J)[1] Volkswagen Touran (1T) Volkswagen Caddy (2K) SEAT Altea (5P) Volkswagen Golf Mk5 / GTI / R32 / Rabbit Mk5 (1K) Škoda Octavia Mk2 (1Z) Volkswagen Golf Plus (5M) SEAT Toledo Mk3 (5P) Volkswagen Jetta Mk5 (1K) SEAT León Mk2 (1P) Volkswagen Tiguan (5N) Volkswagen Scirocco (13) Volkswagen Golf Mk6 (5K) Škoda Yeti (5L) Volkswagen Jetta Mk6 (1K), (16) Audi Q3 (8U) Volkswagen Beetle (16)

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Who really gives a fuck when the end products sharing the same platform could be drastically different. C&D I think had an article not so long ago asserting that platform sharing frequently is irrelevant for the consumer. Mazda 3 and ford focus are tuned in such a way that their consumer base hardly overlap. I doubt there is even as much cross shopping between the two as between apple and samsung clienteles.

David Fritzinger
The point was that Nashton was making a big deal about his Q7, and tried to tell us it was unique. In doing so, he used his usual insulting names to -hh. I just felt like spending a couple of minutes showing him how wrong he was.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
You are not disputing though a simple fact that Q7 is miles away from the touareg and likewise lightyears away from cayenne?

At least if I had the dough to get Q7 (that and a manual tranny option on Q7 that's unobtanium I believe even in its home market) then there is NO chance in hell I'll plop $70k or whatever nashton paid in urop to get that buggy piece of shit as a result.

Nashton is not in Europe. Same car in Europe is closer to 100K euros.

Here, it was closer to $90K.

If you had the $70K, which you don't, so who cares.

I guess the same goes for cayenne clientele === the expectations are pretty high.

Hmm I think panamera is available with a manual tranny around here I wonder if cayenne likewise can be had with a manual. I know only slushboxes are available in the US of A on luxury SUVs. At least there is some redeeming quality to living in urop despite the honking morons.

-hh (1h & 25m)