Re: As with our trolls, the...

Nashton
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the mor
FromNashton
Date02/17/2014 04:11 (02/16/2014 23:11)
Message-ID<ldrukt$126$4@dont-email.me>
FollowsLloyd E Parsons
FollowupsAlan Baker (5h & 8m)

On 2014-02-15 10:56 AM, Lloyd E Parsons wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-02-15 14:04:38 +0000, Silver Slimer said:

Silver Slimer

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-02-15 02:24:32 +0000, ed said:

ed
Repairs or maintainence? For routine maintainence, you're looking at $80 oil changes and $400+ 40k service due to the dsg. It also has a timing belt rather than chain so that needs replacing (probably not an issue for Lloyd with the low miles he drives). For repairs, we've between bitten by a high pressure fuel pump failure and clogged dpf / egr filter.

Lloyd E Parsons
$80 oil change? what the hell kind of oil are they using, gold injected?? :)

Silver Slimer
80$ oil changes make sense if you're using synthetic oil (as I do) and get the filter replaced and everything else.

Lloyd E Parsons
I haven't priced synthetic oil in lots of years.

But around here the dealer gets $40 to do an oil change and the periodic service with regular oil and filter. Hard to believe that synthetic oil would add $40 to the service.

It doesn't.

Alan Baker (5h & 8m)