Re: Clobberin' Time...

Cryofax
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromCryofax
Date09/24/2001 04:33 (09/23/2001 19:33)
Message-ID<423506ec.0109231833.4ed3bfd6@posting.google.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsCelaeno

celaeno@shavenwookie.nospam.com (Celaeno) wrote in message

Cryofax
Let's hear less whining and more actual suggestions. I asked you before but you didn't answer it.

Celaeno
Ooh, I'm a whiner because I think starting a war is NOT a good way to deal with this? Grow up.

Growing up is overrated. That's why I belong to a Star Wars newsgroup

) Complaining about what you don't like without offering some

alternative is whining in my book.

If you'd actually read what I said, you'd have seen I am all for getting the terrorists and bringing them to justice.

I know you are, but we seem to differ on the method. You're stating you don't want a war, you don't want to hurt civilians etc, and I keep asking okay then what do we do? And I'm still asking. We can't send an armed force to get the terrorists without the risk of killing some of the wrong people so what do we do? The definition of "war" is so loose right now. The Taliban are not popular with the rank and file of Afghanistan, so we can't really wage war on the whole country or we're fighting people that don't even oppose us. But how do we selectively fight the terrorists and the Taliban that support him without any collatoral damage? I don't think its possible.

And you know, I have this nasty feeling that whoever is responsible just might be rocking back on his heels and laughing at how easily he might have managed to trigger an international war.

It has been suggested that was the aim from the beginning. Killed thousands, profited from it, and caused WWIII. Not bad for a terrorist's days work. I hope in any wide conflict we're careful about getting as many bad guys as possible without pulling in those who otherwise wouldn't have been our foes.

I've seen a good and a bad reaction to this attack, and hate is not the good one.

People are understandable pissed off, and understandably want justice, but we must do it in an intelligent fashion and not rush into some military quagmire. As for those who "hate", like the people who have been beating up (and even killing) middle-eastern looking Americans, they are beyond comprehension. The irony of their actions is they show we have people of the same ilk as the terrorists living right here as "patriotic" Americans. Sickening.

- Cryo