Re: Clobberin' Time...

DarthGumby
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromDarthGumby
Date09/14/2001 04:41 (09/13/2001 22:41)
Message-ID<cbj2qtsv7slmtdi3cujlnrina67maeabqp@4ax.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsRich Handley

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:40:46 GMT, rhandley@optonline.net (Rich Handley) telepathically conveyed:

Rich Handley
[POSTED AND EMAILED]

James, I can't believe that even now, in the wake of what has happened, you're STILL being so rude and offensive to everyone in your posts. If you had ANY respect for those who went through and are still going through this, you'd cut your usual "superior, thesaurus-toting asshole" routine for just a moment and try not to add to the anxiety and sadness those on this group are already feeling.

This is not a time for you to be attacking Roy, challenging Rakelle, or otherwise picking fights with people. This is not a time for your usual paranoid one-man-army vendettas. This is a time for all of us to be sensitive and help each other death with this. We're ALL in pain, James, not just those of us here, close to the scene. You should be ashamed of yourself. You really should. But I know you're not, and that's the biggest shame of it all. You're clearly more concerned with winning arguments you'll never win anyway than you are with helping your fellow fans deal with an unspeakably horrible situation, and that's just disgusting.

Out of respect for the dead, and for RASSM, I won't turn this into another fight, so expect no further replies from me if you post one to this. But I, for one, can't just sit here and watch you continue to attack people on the group at a time like this without calling you on it. Your actions are completely inappropriate. I can pretty much guarantee that a ton of other people here feel the same way even if they're holding back saying it, and no amount of cries of "bogus," "false issue," "moreover" or any of your other favorite tag-words can change the fact that you are being a major asshole at a time when it is entirely inappropriate for you to do so. Learn some respect, James, for crying out loud.

Rich, you're living proof that the right thing can be said in as few words as possible.

*applauds quietly*

Gumby

Jade HoF 2002 campaign remove MyHelmet to e-mail me. I want to look upon your e-mail... with my own eyes... *wheeze*

--Anywhere my computer hangs is home