Re: Clobberin' Time...

Wes Hutchings
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromWes Hutchings
Date09/15/2001 19:38 (09/15/2001 10:38)
Message-ID<B7C8E042.4B89%yyrkoon@cwnet.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsJames W. King
FollowupsÇheetah! (46m) > Wes Hutchings

James W. King
From: cineviews@aol.comNoSpam (James W. King) Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc Date: 15 Sep 2001 09:09:48 GMT Subject: Re: Clobberin' Time...

Wes Hutchings: "Show where I lied."

I just did above. (Duhhhhh!)

You failed SnackPack.

Wes Hutchings: "Since the children the Jedi have 'taken' to date have shown to be given voluntarily and have not been placed in a breeding program and in fact only number to 10k in a entire galaxy, your point is again shit."

Bogus issue and false parallel. I have never compared the Jedi's appropriation of young children from their parents to the other "baby mill" breeding programs of the Leibensborn program anyway. And I defy you to go to www.google.com/groups and find statements to that effect supposedly written by myself. *I absolutely defy you to do so.*

You've said it, deal with it.

But your argument of numbers (that there are only some 10,000 Jedi in the galaxy in the Prequel-Trilogy period) is beside the point.

NO, it is the point. In an entire galaxy, over 25,000 plus years, the Jedi's numbers are still this small and are from diverse races and species shows it is not a breeding program in anyway.

of the Leibensborn program all the more striking,

Refer to this to answer your above point fuckwit, it is a repeated phrase of yours on Google.

And it certainly doesn't impress me in the least that Lucas fostered this notion by leaving Anakin's mom back on Tatooine when the only thing standing between her and freedom was a mere price tag!

Which they couldn't meet at that time.

After Queen Amidala had praised Anakin for winning the podrace, saying something to the effect that she owed him everything, it's absolutely astounding that Lucas would not have established through implicative scripting that sometime during the interim between the interim between the end of the Battle of Naboo and the Gungan-Naboo reconcilliation ceremony at the end of the movie that Amidala had sent some emissaries of hers to Tatooine to buy his mother out of bondage, especially after Anakin saved her planet, too, by blowing up the Trade Federation battlestation.

They had just wrapped up a battle and were burying their dead and arranged a celebration.

In fact, buying Shmi Skywalker out of bondage would have been the *least* that Amidala could have done to repay Anakin. Indeed, the movie badly needed some sort of genuine emotional pay-off at its conclusion because it was already something of an empty Christmas stocking in terms of emotional pay-off as it was. And what better time for Queen Amidala to have sprung a surprise reunion for Anakin and his mother than during the Gungan-Naboo reconcilliation ceremony at the end of the movie.

As it was supposed to be.

That act of kindness would have also provided a genuine touchstone in Episode One for why Anakin would later on fall in love with Amidala, too.

He didn't need one.

Wes Hutchings: "I still haven't seen you acknowledge your fuck-up of misquoting someone else with my words."

If I have indeed misattribute a quote of yours to somebody else, then I do regret having done so; however, I would appreciate knowing which particular quote of which particular post you're talking about.

I've replied to the specific post twice, once myself and once when the person you misquoted read it and said likewise.

Learn to read. wes

-- James King