Re: Clobberin' Time...

Jill Marie
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromJill Marie
Date09/18/2001 07:12 (09/18/2001 07:12)
Message-ID<bJAp7.24728$Uf1.2217558@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsJames W. King
FollowupsDrew Stile (5h & 10m)

James W. King <cineviews@aol.comNoSpam>wrote in message news:20010918004811.07890.00000464@mb-mb.aol.com...

James W. King
James Trory (<A HREF="mailto:j_trory@yahoo.com">j_trory@yahoo.com</A>):

"So in

closing, the American government has known about the involvement of the

INAC

with funding of the IRA and supplying of its weapons (American weapons at that), but has done nothing to stop it. Why? Because the IRA is not their concern. Now all of a sudden because the United States is attacked by terrorist, the rest of the world is expected to jump in and help out. Why should we?"

The only reason I can think of is that some 500 British citizens who

worked

in the World Trade Center were murdered in the attack.

I'm sure this has a lot to do with it. Britian is also a very close ally of the US, so helping when asked is what they've offered in this matter.

I myself don't know enough about the history of the entire INAC/IRA

issue

to make heads or tails of it *yet.*

I also have no idea as to the deeper issues of the IRA that James brought up. After all, I'm just an American and it doesn't concern me.....not being entirely sarcastic here.....These issues are not on Dateline or the 6 o'clock news, so....

But you are correct when it comes to questioning the inconsistency of America's words versus deeds in this matter.

Would someone please answer the question of did the US actually *train* Bin Laden and/or the Taliban? If so, it certainly is coming back to bite us on the arse.

Do you suppose Prime Minister Blair will bring up these and related

issues

at the upcoming terrorism-war strategy sessions with President Bush in the coming days?

Suurre. Right after he asks Bush to do a simple Trigonometry problem. ;-) Seriously, the President has advisors and experts for these things, he can't know everything about everything. And a good politician never discusses potentially 'sticky' issues like that.

~~jill marie

Drew Stile (5h & 10m)