Re: Clobberin' Time...

Oliver J. Hanau
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromOliver J. Hanau
Date09/18/2001 20:47 (09/18/2001 20:47)
Message-ID<9o87f4$bq1qq$1@ID-35218.news.dfncis.de>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsCryofax
FollowupsCryofax (8h & 24m)
Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan (9h & 22m)

Cryofax wrote:

Cryofax
You can't seperate the civilians from the rest of the country.

I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. Even in democracies, Joe Average has little influence on what the government does, except in very broad terms. With other forms of government it might just be of matter of what country you're born into.

Of course nobody wants to kill the "wrong" people. But if we take out all the terrorists, but unintentionally kill some civilians (not thousands, but let's say a few hundred) in the country does that mean the operation was a failure?

No, it doesn't. I agree with you there, basically. But unless you wipe out all the terrorists responsible for the recent attack AND their sympathizers AND all the sympathizing, unrelated terrorist groups in other countries AND their sympathizers, there will always be more terrorists. Make up your own mind about the odds.

I can understand wanting to kill people as retribution (although I don't agree), I'd even agree that killing some innocent civilians in the process might be a necessary evil in politics, but I do NOT agree that the civilians are at fault just because they share a country with people who harbour bin Laden (or whomever).

Oliver.

Cryofax (8h & 24m)
Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan (9h & 22m)