Re: Clobberin' Time...

James W. King
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromJames W. King
Date09/14/2001 06:54 (09/14/2001 06:54)
Message-ID<20010914005455.09407.00000424@mb-fl.aol.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsWes Hutchings
FollowupsWes Hutchings (22m) > James W. King

Cryofax (jack_shappa@hotmail.com): "Here I go again, with another 'Geez what is the deal with the JWK bashing?' post. I'm sorry but his reply just seemed to be in the vein of the whole discussion. It was a well thought reply to a point made by another during a debate. That makes him an asshole?"

Wes Hutchings (<A HREF="mailto:yyrkoon@cwnet.com">yyrkoon@cwnet.com</A>): "His single-minded ability to see Nazis in EVERYTHING is the problem."

Liar! I have qualified every use of the term "Nazi" in any post of mine which ever mentioned the word. It's not my fault that you cannot find a single credible argument to rebut the merits of my points, especially since George Lucas has now more than validated my concerns.

And I defy you to prove otherwise in credible and lucid terms. *I absolutely defy you to do so.*

Wes Hutchings: "He likes to categorize people as being something reprehensible if they disagree with him."

Liar! I qualified my use of such terms in no uncertain terms for compelling reasons, NOT for anything as petty as mere difference of opinion.

Wes Hutchings: "For example I stated specific reasons I thought he was a dink yesterday, so he placed me on a list of people he says SUPPORT the actions at Columbine, which they do not."

Correction: I said I put you in the column of *apologists* of those worthies who, among other itemized ignoble misdeeds, desecrated the memory of the slain Columbine High School Star Wars fan.

Wes Hutchings: "He turns everything Lucas has ever done into some imagined, Nazi-laced piece of propaganda, including the Force and Midis."

"Everything," my patoot! I have specifically cited and qualified those factors concerning Midiclorians and the Force which were strikingly evocative of the Nazi occult beliefs concerning the magical properties of "Aryan" blood. Moreover, Lucas chose to formulate those notions about the Force and Midiclorian bunk by himself. And I did NOT say it was "Nazi-laced propaganda," either.

Note to Cryofax: The deal behind some of the provocative commentary about me here is that there is still lingering resentment by some worthies because it was I who reported the illegal Fidonet Star Wars CD-ROM project to Lucasfilm in October 1995 which shortly thereafter shut it down. Of course, they can't publicly defend attacking me for that; thus, they do so obliquely and through seemingly unrelated topics and issues. Whether it's a matter of misguided loyalties or smoldering resentment about lost potential profits, or both, is beside the point. Personal vendettas and hatred becomes second nature to some after awhile.

-- James King