Re: Clobberin' Time...

Wes Hutchings
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromWes Hutchings
Date09/21/2001 08:40 (09/20/2001 23:40)
Message-ID<B7D02EEE.6010%yyrkoon@cwnet.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au> Organization: University of Queensland Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:14:40 +1000 Subject: Re: Clobberin' Time...

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Wes Hutchings wrote:

Like finding a needle in a heystack without the help of a super-magnet.

Wes Hutchings
The US is pretty good at that.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Failed last time.

Only by minutes.

And they will only fight back harder.

Wes Hutchings
Only to a point.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Yes, but how many American dead will that point be?

Hopefully zero. It will likely run into the thousands.

How many years will this go on?

The current projections run 3-5 years.

How many attacks will take place?

That's up to the bad guys. As long as they choose death over life, then that is their choice. The US and the world are choosing life.

"To not preserve one's own life... is suicide." Pretty obvious statement.

Wes Hutchings
Yes and yet you either don't get it or you plan on following it. Make sure to get TV coverage, I want to see how well it works.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
I don't. I don't want to see more Americans die.

[And Australians and british and french... and every other nationality that was killed in those buildings and planes, and in the later terrorist activity that military will provoke.]

'will provoke' this is another of your statements concerning US actions which have yet to occur, but that you already categorize as doomed to failure.

It is still violence. Degrees don't matter.

Wes Hutchings
So your anti-spam position would be in support of violent action. Thanks for clarifying hypocrite.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
You are a fuckwit.

I'm consistent, you're a hypocrite who blows with the wind.

I'd rather watch the world's worst sitcom then be shot.

Wes Hutchings
And yet that is what you're asking for.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
No.

Yes, refusing to take action leaves you open to attack, suicide. Get it?

Australia has had little involvment in other people's affairs, and suffered very little terrorist activity. Go figure.

So we can check you off the list then?

All of them violent.

Wes Hutchings
I can't wait to hear you explain your anti-spam position.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
It's not violent. Cockhead.

So words don't count? Thanks for clearing that up.

Wes Hutchings
You still want to charge them with murder.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
No. Put them in gaol, and terrorists will hijack planes demanding their release. It happens over and over.

There are other ways.

Don't keep us in suspense. Save the world Sparky.

wes

--- - Dug. --- "May you live in interesting times." ---