Re: Clobberin' Time...

James W. King
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromJames W. King
Date09/17/2001 16:08 (09/17/2001 16:08)
Message-ID<20010917100852.20834.00000850@mb-cu.aol.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsJames Trory

James Trory (<A HREF="mailto:j_trory@yahoo.com">j_trory@yahoo.com</A>): "May I also remind those of you once again, who keep insisting that the A-bomb was a tool of war and cannot be compared to this event, that hundreds of thousands more than at the WTC disaster died that day in 1945. And that hundreds of thousands more suffered miserable lives afterwards. And that each of those hundreds of thousands of people that died and suffered had families elsewhere who also suffered. Please, you can't brush aside human life like that. You can't just say, 'well that was different.' James King in particular, *you* cannot claim that Japanese civilians bombed in 1945 were not technically civilians because they were members of a country that had gone to war with America, and had broken the codes of war. They had no control over the attack on Pearl Harbour or their country's involvement in the war, *or* their treatment of POWs. War is on a government scale, and you know it. Turn it on its flip side and you'll see that as far as Japanese civilians were concerned, America was the enemy. In any case, you cannot, EVER, justify civilian casualties on such a massive scale. Ever."

I have addressed all these issues in a post that I just posted a few minutes ago. If there's anything in the passage above or in the rest of your post that I have not addressed, you may address it in the other subthread of pre-existing posts of ours already in progress.

-- James King