Re: Clobberin' Time...

Wes Hutchings
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromWes Hutchings
Date09/20/2001 08:03 (09/19/2001 23:03)
Message-ID<B7CED4BE.5C80%yyrkoon@cwnet.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan
FollowupsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan (21h & 55m) > Wes Hutchings

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au> Organization: University of Queensland Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:40:04 +1000 Subject: Re: Clobberin' Time...

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Wes Hutchings wrote:

Your phrasing is screwed.

Wes Hutchings
Your perception is lacking.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
No, it's your mistake.

I clarified my position, you still want to pretend I said something else. That makes it a perception problem on your part as I know what I said and I have substantiated it.

You had a friend who was better than you, so he kept beating you. Then you got better and beat him. You are better because you got better.

Wes Hutchings
The two betters in this case are different. One refers to skill and one refers to personal growth.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
No.

Excuse you, I know what I said and what I meant. Your ignorance on the matter is clearly established, no need to reenforce that point.

The last object was the skill at swordfighting.

No, it was not, that was second to last.

If your had added a new object, such as "person", it would have worked.

I discussed skill in the first instance and myself in the second. Are you with me yet?

"I'm [a] better [person] because of it."

I'll use my own words.

It's "What I did on my holidays" level writing.

Wes Hutchings
Again, your comprehension is at issue here. This is hardly a new circumstance.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Look, if I'd put that in an essay the lecturer would have made a comment.

And then he would have understood when I clarified my position. You have failed in that regard.

You miss phrased.

No, you misunderstood and still do, deal with that.

Deal with it.

While you're dealing with things, your violence post reminded me of something. When we had the spamming problem you advocated a an approach that everyone would agree counts as violence and you considered that the first best approach to the problem.

Have you changed that position or are you an hypocrite in yet another way? wes

--- - Dug. --- My other .sig is funny. ---