Re: Clobberin' Time...

James Trory
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromJames Trory
Date09/17/2001 08:41 (09/17/2001 02:41)
Message-ID<046bqt8tkjkckmc2t61pvecfo6vg6n3hic@4ax.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsCryofax
FollowupsCryofax (8h & 39m) > James Trory

We've secretly replaced the Pacific Ocean with Folgers crystals. Let's see if Cryofax notices:

Cryofax
"Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au>wrote in message news:<Pine.OSF.4.21.0109161716500.16804-100000@marlin.jcu.edu.au>...

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
On 12 Sep 2001, Cryofax wrote:

Cryofax
If a country harbors/aids terrorists, and we attack that country and some of their "innocent" civilians (who were hours before dancing in the streets to celebrate our dead civilians)

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Every single one of them?

Cryofax
bite the dust, the blood is on THEIR hands, not ours.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
That's what they say about Americans... that the blood of the innocent Americans is on the American governments hands because of the attrocities it supports.

Cryofax
And they'd be right. The leadership of this country must do what it feels is right, but also must realize that the results of such action will affect the citizens. As citizens of a country you must accept that the policies of the country you live in may put you at risk. There is no having your cake and eating it too.

They didn't hesitate to punish us via our civilians, and neither should we.

This is all just revenge talk and not constructive. You cannot fight terrorism like that. Flattening a city will not do any good, simply because these terrorists hide in remote places that are inaccessible or simply undetectable. You don't think they go walking around with an "I am a terrorist" t-shirt on do you?

Different terrorist groups have different ways of hiding, depending on which country they're in. In Ireland, members of the IRA go around as regular people most of the time. Damn, you could go to London and meet a very nice Irish man, drink a few beers with him and thinks he's a great guy. The following day he's just blown up a bar in the centre of London on behalf of the IRA. Fighting terrorism requires a huge amount of careful surveillance and gathering of information, not fire power. You've got to be careful who you're shooting at before you shoot at 'em. Cake has nothing to do with it. Why do you suppose terrorist groups in Ireland still exist? Because it's so damn hard to detect them.

May I also say something about nationality, and I hope everyone reads this bit: Why is it okay to go to Afghanistan to blow up civilians in the hope that America will hit a few terrorists, but it wouldn't be okay (I am assuming) to do the same to Ireland? Is it because a lot of Americans have Irish family and heritage? Not many of you have Afghani family or heritage, right? Well then shit, that's okay. Bomb the crap out of them!

-- James Yeah, right

Cryofax (8h & 39m) > James Trory