Re: Clobberin' Time...

James W. King
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromJames W. King
Date09/16/2001 15:53 (09/16/2001 15:53)
Message-ID<20010916095308.07416.00000324@mb-fl.aol.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan

Curtis Marquez: "Afghanistan is paying right now. I personally say that we wipe out every terrorist group (foreign and domestic) and as each one even thinks of rising up stomp on them like a cockroach. Enough of this crap of playing peacemaker."

Paul "Duggy" Duggan (<A HREF="mailto:jc122739@jcu.edu.au">jc122739@jcu.edu.au</A>): "Yeah, 'cause that's worked so well in Israel and Ireland."

Please elaborate.

After all, our former U.S. Senator George Mitchell helped broker an accord in Northern Ireland; however, we ourselves cannot bring it to fruition.

We've tried to broker an accord in the Middle East; however, for the most part, rabidly anti-Semitic forces have sabotaged those efforts time and time again.

And yet, one only has to briefly review the 20th-century historical record to understand that some of this hatred comes from the support of a number of Arab countries for the Nazis during World War II.

Some cases in point:

-- Case One: In the published diaries of former propaganda Reichminister Josef Goebbels, one may find a somewhat amusing episode where, during a visit to Berlin to visit the Fuhrer at his Reich Ministry offices, the Mufti of Damascus, Syria, an Arab ally of the Nazis, was mistaken for a Jew and hauled out of the building by SS guards before his identity could be confirmed and verified.

-- Case Two: In 1994, during his trip to the Middle East to retrace the route of the Biblical Magi (the Three Wise Men of the Nativity story) for his book about them, the author of "The Search for Jesus: The Real Journey of the Magi" stopped by many book shops there looking for some obscure resource books when he inevitably came across recently-published anti-Semitic propaganda books in English and Arabic of such titles, like "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion," which were first popularized and advanced in Nazi Germany and whose presence on the bookshelves of many a book shop in the Middle East today is a legacy to that period in World War II when a number of Arab countries chose to align themselves with the Third Reich.

Paul "Duggy" Duggan: "And you seem to forget that most of the world does see the US as 'peacemaker,' hence the problem."

"Problem"? And what's with this business of your casting aspersions on the role and record of the United States for being a peacemaker?

(Mind you, I'm not talking solely about the office of the current President.)

Or do you, Paul, with Iraqi President Saddam Hussein who just said about WTC & Pentagon attacks: "The American Cowboy is reaping the fruits of his inhumanity"?

-- James King