Re: Clobberin' Time...

C'Pi
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromC'Pi
Date09/16/2001 05:23 (09/16/2001 11:23)
Message-ID<3ba429f7@MAIL.mhogaming.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsJames W. King

"James W. King" <cineviews@aol.comNoSpam>wrote in message news:20010915113755.07448.00000258@mb-fl.aol.com...

James W. King
Wes Hutchings: "Since the children the Jedi have 'taken' to date have

shown to

be given voluntarily and have not been placed in a breeding program and in

fact

only number to 10k in a entire galaxy, your point is again shit."

C'Pi
James King: "Bogus issue and false parallel. I have never compared the

James W. King
Jedi's appropriation of young children from their parents to the other

'baby

mill' breeding programs of the Leibensborn program anyway. And I defy you

to go

to www.google.com/groups and find statements to that effect supposedly

written

by myself. *I absolutely defy you to do so.* "As to the number 10,000 for the number of Jedi in Faraway Galaxy at

the

time of the Prequels, I do not include Padewans in that number because

they are

not full-fledged Jedi. We could also suppose that some elderly Jedi

retire,

too, and wouldn't be counted in that number because they're no longer

active.

For if the Jedi are to be anything remotely like a thin blue line of

defense in

a galaxy teaming with trillions of inhabitants, the number 10,000 ought to apply only to those full-fledged, still-active Jedi and not include

Padewans

and retired (no-longer-active) Jedi. "But your argument of numbers (that there are only some 10,000 Jedi in

the

galaxy in the Prequel-Trilogy period) is beside the point. Thus far, the

Jedi

children taken away from their families haven't yet been portrayed as

having

any regular or sporadic contact with their birth parents or families --

and

*that's* yet another compelling factor that puts me off altogether,

because

that similarity makes its comparison to the occupied-territory-child-appropriation division of the Leibensborn program

all

the more striking, since those children taken by the Nazis from their

families

were never meant to see their birth families again, either. So, it matters

not

how many children the Jedi took away from their families, for even if they

took

away only one child under such birth-family-disassociative conditions, that's already one child too many."

C'Pi
C'Pi (<A HREF="mailto:jas221@yahoo.com">jas221@yahoo.com</A>): "False

Issue:

James W. King
It has yet to be shown that even one child has been taken away and disassociated from its family."

James King: "Bogus! I note that you've not cited one fact to the

contrary

from any Star Wars book. We already know that parents are at least

morally, if

not also legally, obligated to surrender their Force-capacity-qualifying children to the Jedi Temple -- if parents indeed have any say in the

matter.

C'Pi: "Which just as easily parallels the Buddhist model I presented."

Are you actually saying that parents are morally obligated to give up

their

their children to Buddhist temples?

For the people of those countries, yes. In the case of a found Lama it is easy to see the parents are morally obligated to surrender their children. In addition, when parents give their children over to monasteries for training to become a monk, they do it because they believe that is spiritually best for the child. To imply otherwise would suggest that you think they do it for economic reasons. That is a rather crass statement on your part.

C'Pi: "Qui-Qon left the choice up to Shmi. There was no indication that

he

would have taken the child. Despite the fact that he considered him the

chosen

one. Something that would have given him a strong incentive to take Anakin regardless of what his mother said. If the Jedi were in the habit of

taking

children regardless of the parents wishes, why did Qui-Qon act as if the

parent

did have a choice?"

1. As protectors of *the Republic,* the Jedi had some unilateral

influence

and control there. Tatooine in Episode One was NOT a member of the

Republic. It

was a Hutt world where Jedi had no real influence over things, especially

since

Hutts were immune to Jedi mind-control techniques.

False issue: It wouldn't matter if the they were in the Republic or not. If the Jedi are the kind of people that take Force sensitive children regardless of the wishes of their parents, then why would they care if they are in the Republic or not? Surely you're not suggesting Qui-Gon was afraid of the Hutts or somehow lacked to ability to simply abscond with the boy.

2. It might have been more compelling if Shmi had feared the notion

of

handing Anakin over to Qui-Gon and actually resisted, if not refused, to

allow

him to take Anakin with him. After all, the very publum and vanilla

version of

"slavery" presented in Episode One on Tatooine could not have been

unappealing

to some slaves, especially given the rather comfy accommodations of their "hovels."

False Issue: The living condition and desires of slaves would have no bearing on the decision of a Jedi to take a Force sensitive child or not. It is interesting that you think that people would be willing to sacrifice their freedom and live in slavery just to be more comfortable. It is nauseating to think that you would consider that those black slaves who lived and worked in their masters nice, comfortable houses (as opposed to those who lived outside under harsh conditions) would somehow have enjoyed their life and preferred it to living free.

3. If Shmi had lived on a Republic world, it remains to be seen as to whether she would have much, if any, say in the matter.

And yet we so no evidence that says she wouldn't. We see no emotionally scarred Jedi pining for their family. We see no young padawans crying for their mother. We see no upset families protesting outside the Jedi Council to have their children released. We see no upset citizens of the Republic forming Free the Padawan Foundations. Instead we have direct evidence of a Jedi giving the mother, and the child, the choice whether to go or not.

No direct evidence to support your position. Direct evidence to refute your hypothesis.

James King: "But none of those children in any of the books that I've

read

thus far has had any sort of homecoming with their birth families much

less a

holo-letter from home.

C'Pi: "Which would also parallel children going into Buddhist monasteries

if

it is shown that is the case."

Buddhist children are NOT required to disassociate themselves entirely

from

their birth families.

And NEITHER are the Jedi.

C'Pi: "I haven't read any books that take place before TPM, so I can't comment. However if it is true that Owen is Obi-Wan's brother then that

shows

there is contact with family."

And yet, that contact with his brother may not come about until some emergency situation arises which forces Obi-Wan to go home for a

particular

out-of-the-ordinary reason (like Obi-Wan's anticipated flight with baby

Luke

Skywalker supposedly at the end of Episode III).

That he is able to go home and convince his brother to raise somebody else's child implies that that he must have had some relationship with his brother before that time.

C'Pi: "Also in later books the new Jedi have contact with their family."

The later books take place after the end of Episode VI though, some 30

years

after the end of Episode III.

Yes and in all that time we have Luke searching for information about how the Jedi used to live and train. No where is it shown that he has found information on the supposed Jedi practice of disassociating oneself from their family. If this is a part of Jedi practice, surely he would have found something by now.

C'Pi
"In fact you have yet to show any evidence that Jedi training is

at

James W. King
all reminiscent of the Nazi Leibensborn program, other than that both

groups

sought children out."

James King: "The issue does not concern 'Jedi training' per se. The issue

is

its recruitment policy, namely the obligatory conscription of Force-capacity-qualifying children into the Jedi Temple."

C'Pi
"It has not been shown that children have ever been taken from

and

James W. King
disassociated from their family."

James King: "On the contrary, it's been prior established that such is

the

case."

C'Pi: "No, it hasn't. Cite a source."

I'll have to go back and look for that roleplaying game resource book.

only came across that information in passing while looking up another

matter

altogether.

Role-playing game resource book? You'll have to do better than that. I'd still like to see the information though.

James King: "Notably, you didn't cite any episodes from any Star Wars

book or

comic wherein a Jedi Padewan received a holo-letter from home much less

got to

go home to visit his birth parents."

C'Pi: "Again, you have not provided evidence that they are denied contact

with

their family. Cite a book in which a padawan or his\her family were denied

request to see each other."

False issue. The issue is that thus far, familial ties between a

padewan and

his/her birth family has yet been presented in any of the Prequel-Trilogy-period books

So this is all speculation on your part based on no real evidence. Thanks for clearing that up.

I could do just as you have done and make up all kinds of outlandish theories based on what is not shown in the books. I could say that since their is no evidence in the prequel books of people having to go pee it can be assumed that in Star Wars no one has a bladder.

C'Pi: "And again even if they were, it would parallel the practice of

placing

children in monasteries better than the Nazi Leibensborn program."

Who are you insinuating is doing the placing of those children in

Buddhist

monesteries though -- the parents or the monks?

In the case of children being placed in monasteries it is the parents decision. Although, I am sure there is a lot of social and religious pressure for parents to do just that.

In the case of a found Lama then it is the monks that make the decision.

James King: "On the whole, though, if Lucas is going to defend this Jedi practice in creative terms, I believe it would be immensely helpful to

venture

to explain it in compelling detail and indeed, *if* the practice is not coercive, then some book in the future should include such an establishing scene as the parents of a young Force-capacity-qualifying child surrender

their

child to the Jedi Temple. Such a scene would provide a touchstone from

which to

better relate to the young Jedi Padewan character as he/she matures and progresses in his/her Jedi training."

C'Pi: "Why don't you write the story idea and submit it to the publisher

of

Star Wars books. For you it is a concern. For the authors who have already written SW books, it has not been."

On the contrary, we don't know for sure if such is the case at all.

For all

we know, a writer might well have already proposed such a storyline to

Lucas

Books only to get a memo from Lucasfilm explaining that such storylines in which a prior-established or new Padewan character has contacts, letters

or

reunions with his/her birth parents and family aren't allowed.

"For all we know" You can pretty much say anything without having to provide evidence. For all we know, a writer may have wanted to write a story about Jedi forcibly taking a child and received a memo from Lucasfilm that such stories are not allowed. For all we know Lucas ghost writes the novels. For all we know Lucasfilms may require all writers to wear a Jar Jar mask while they do their writing.

Moreover, I can't abide that odious notion about midiclorians, which

offends

my sensibilities altogether. As recently clarified by Lucas himself as

dealing

more with predeterminative flesh-and-blood genetics than any

self-determinative

matters of the spirit, the midiclorian stuff is the singlemost

reprehensible

notion advanced under the guise of heroism since anti-Semitic composer

Richard

Wagner wrote his "Rings of the Nibelung" quartet of operas with a

deliberate

"Deutchland Uber Alles" subtext and intent (to rouse the spirit of

nationalism

in the German people to seek their ultimate destiny as the masters of the entire world).

Not going to get into that with you. Go pick a fight with Wes on that one. He has shown you to be wrong so far about all that. Just one thing to keep in mind. Midiclorians are not the Force.

(And quite coincidentally -- or perhaps not so coincidentally --

Lucasfilm

recently provided stage special effects work for the San Francisco

productions

of those very Wagner operas.)

To further Lucas' nazi agenda I suppose?

C'Pi
"It is interesting, and an insight into you, that you continue to

try

James W. King
to link this movie plot with Nazism when other and better parallels exist.

You

have to look no further than children being placed in Tibetan or Thai

Buddhist

monasteries or the Shaolin monastery in China to receive training and conditioning to be monks. Something they will then be for the rest of

their

life. This is a much more analogous to the Jedi, than a group of people

that

had a forced adoption program."

James King: "On the contrary, I have seen such a news program about that

child

who was to become the new Dalia Llama under the express permission of

China

which now dominates Tibet. (The real Dalai Llama is in exile.) However,

even

that child was not prevented from contacting and receiving visits from his birth parents."

C'Pi: "Something you have not cited a source for yet. In which book was a family denied a visit to their child?"

Again, that's just it: There have yet to be any such depicted

interactions

between Padewans and their birth families, not even though holo-letters

much

less handwritten ones.

How many sequel books show anybody getting a personal letter, holo or written, from their family? I can't think of any. So far you have only showed a pattern that exists in all Star Wars books.

James King: "Because of his exalted status as the new Dalai Llama, his

freedom

was limited though, especially since his becoming Dalai Llama was under

the

aegis of China which hopes to make him their puppet of sorts."

C'Pi: "I wasn't considering the Dalai Lama, although it is not a bad

example.

I was thinking more along the lines of all the common children that are

sent to

monasteries and then have no contact with their families again."

Again, who are you claiming is making the decision when it comes to

those

children entering Buddhist monesteries?

Already answered. Of course you rightly pointed out that it was the case with the Lamas that most closely paralleled the Jedi practices.

James King: "What's more, the Buddhist angle would not be a satisfying comparison either, since Nazi occult beliefs state that their ancient

'Aryan'

ancestors were the surviving overlords of Atlantis who fled and migrated

high ground in the Himalayas where *they* founded Buddhism. During the

1930s,

Heinrich Himmler's own Occult Bureau sent several anthrolopological

expeditions

to Tibet to investigate and substantiate the supposed origins of the

'Aryan'

German race. They went there looking to study an obscure tribe of native Tibetans still living there who didn't look all that Asian in appearance. Apparently, the Nazis felt that those particular native Tibetans were themselves the descendants of their own ancestors, the alleged 'first

Aryans.'I

found a example of this Nazi occult belief about the origins of Buddhism

in a

1940s autobiography of a Dutch reporter who tells about some of the people

he'd

met during his career, including the unusual expatriate Brit character

he'd met

in the heyday of both Wiemar and Nazi Germany who mysteriously popped up

now

and them to relate his adventures about circulating among the seats of

power in

Europe, Asia and the Middle East."

C'Pi
Excerpt from pages 122-124 from the non-fiction book entitled "Days of

Our

James W. King
Years: 1903-1938" by Dutch reporter Pierre van Paassen (1939, Garden City Publishing Company, New York), an autobiography of his years as a student

and

newspaper reporter in Europe and the Middle East:

One of the strangest figures to come to The World newspaper's office

in

Paris in the late '20s through the mid' 30s, where there was a daily flow

of

visitors, was Ignace Trebitsch-Lincoln. Said to be a son of Jewish

parents,

Trebitsch, when I knew him, had been a Catholic priest in Vienna, an

Anglican

clergyman in London, a Member of the Parliament in Westminister [in

England],

and was said to have been a secret agent for Germany in the USA and Canada during World War I. He had been secretary to the USSR's Leon Trotsky,

political

adviser to one of the Chinese governments and had some title at the court

of

Afghanistan. He always knew --- sometimes months in advance -- what was

going

to happen, but he never revealed his sources. This gave him an air of

mystery,

although there was nothing fundementally mysterious about him.

He was a restless soul, the Wandering Jew par excellence, who vainly

sought

for peace of mind in all the highways and byways of life. Personal success

was

the least of his concerns. He could have carved a brilliant career in half

dozen professions, and had more than once started out, only to break off suddenly, cut all his attachments and connections, and turn up on another

road

altogether. He was a marvelous writer, but he seldom had the patience to

sit

down long enough to compose an article. He blew in, made some startling announcement that left everybody flabbergasted, and went out again. Once (coming from Italy, I think) he brought the news that the French

government had

decided to occupy the Ruhr Valley. The Ruhr was occupied four months

later.

In 1929, he predicted Hitler's advent to power in the spring of

1933 --

four years before it actually happened. Everybody had just smiled in

bemusement

at that prophecy when he first made it back in 1929.

He disappeared for long periods, but whenever he came back, the story

of his

experiences sounded more incredible.

Once he dropped in from India and began sending frantic telegrams to

Lloyd

George in London, asking the former British Premier to intercede with authorities there for a landing permit to enable him [Trebitsch] to fly to England. His only son, found guilty of murder, had been sentenced to die

on the

gallows [by hanging]. Trebitsch had rushed all the way from Indo-China to

have

a last word with his boy. Britain had deprived Trebitsch of his

citizenship for

his pro-German activities during World War I. When Lloyd George did not

reply,

Trebitsch tried every one of his former parliamentary colleagues, all to

no

avail.

I sat with him there in Paris, waiting for the dawn, early on the

morning

when his son would be hanged. When the first streaks of light appeared in

the

east, the tension became unbearable. He rushed outside and clenched his

fists

at the rising sun. The blood streamed from his mouth and nostrils

[apparently

caused by his rising blood pressure]. Then he sat slumped over on the curb

of

the street, moaning like a wounded animal. When he had recovered his

senses,

the boy over in England was dead.

Thereafter, it was in 1930, Trebitsch disappeared. In the summer of

1935,

he was back, but this time he was waring the yellow robe of a Buddhist

monk. I

noticed him at the wicket in the Gare du Nord buying a ticket for Berlin.

"I see," I said to him, "that you have gone back to the yarmakle,"

pointing

to his tight-fitting skullcap of a type that his Jewish ancestors must

have

worn in Hungary.

"I announce to you," replied Trebitsch gravely, "the doctrine that is glorious in the beginning, glorious in the middle, and glorious in the

end ---

the Gospel of Our Lord Buddha."

Trebitsch said he was on his way to see the Fuhrer [Adolf Hitler] and

the

leaders of the neo-pagan movement in the Third Reich [Nazi Germany]. "Buddhism," he explained, "is purely Aryan religion, and if the German

people

want to have done with that Jewish cult known as 'Christianity,' ...."

I wished him the best of luck in his meeting with Hitler but never

learned

how he fared. Before boarding the train, he gave me his new Chinese name

and

the address of the monastery in Ceylon of which he was the abbot. "If you

ever

want to say goodbye to all this," Trebitsch said with a broad sweep of his yellow sleeve,"come and see me and I'll make a monk out of you."

C'Pi: "False issue. For any of this to be relevant you would have to show

that

Lucas drew the parallel between Jedi and Buddhist training of children

because

of Nazi occult theories of Buddhism, or at the very least show that the

Nazi

Liebensborn program was on Buddhist practices. Not even you could be so

bold."

On the contrary, the fact speaks for itself that George Lucas has

already

demonstrated his familiarity with Nazi occult ideology; therefore, it is

not

beyond the realm of consideration that he might have been inspired or influenced by the occult-mythical connection between Buddhism and Nazi

occult

ideology. Moreover, it's damning enough as it is that Lucas' recent clarification of the midiclorian issue has made it even MORE shockingly identical in both comparative context and content to the Nazi occult

beliefs

about the magical/psychic properties of "Aryan" blood.

You actually consider it more likely that these parallels exist from Lucas investigating nazi occult ideology and not from having read a National Geographic or two about Tibetan or Cambodian or Thai culture. Which seems more likely to you? When you say such outlandish things, you could not possibly be surprised when people make derisive comments about you.

C'Pi: "Since these parallels are so obvious and a much better fit to the movie, then I am left with little choice but to think that your

self-professed

interest and nostalgia for WW II and Nazi Germany have clouded your

ability to

perceive things clearly."

James King: "Since you've failed to offer one iota of rebuttal of those

points

as even a token attempt to undermine their merits, I am not edified by

your

disingenuous conclusions. For only if you can credibly discredit in

specific

terms the merits of the exact arguments I offered, you're only whining disbelief. Moreover, major aspects of Lucas' Star Wars trilogy have

*already*

been cited in no uncertain terms as having been influenced by Nazi

Germany. And

those particular citations were approved for publication by none other

than

Lucas himself."

C'Pi
Excerpt from Chapter Two, "The Makings of Modern Myth: Cultural &

Historical

James W. King
Influences" from "Star Wars: The Magic of Myth," the companion volume to

the

Star Wars exhibition at the National Air & Space Museum of the Smithsonian Institution, by Mary Henderson (1997, Bantam-Spectra Books):

World War II

The trilogy's Galactic Empire was also influenced by real-life

cultural

concerns, capturing a cross section of images and attitudes from the

history

surrounding its creation. Lucas was born at the end of World War II and

grew up

in its aftermath. The Nazi concentration camps revealed all too clearly

that

humans could inflict the worst possible horror upon other humans, and the

use

of the atom bomb demonstrated that we could wipe ourselves out without any

help

from space invaders.

In Star Wars, the Death Star can be viewed as the ultimate nuclear

weapon,

and the look of the Imperial Army is clearly influenced by the Nazis.

There are other references to Germany and World War II in Star Wars

that go

beyond the costuming. Lucas called one group of Imperial soldiers the "stormtroopers" -- this was also the name given Adolf Hitler's personal bodyguards. Out of this group, Hitler created the elite black-coated Schutzstaffel (protection squad), or SS. The SS became "a state within a state," taking the police function and military and civilian intelligence

and

forming such feared groups as the Gestapo -- the "Death's Head Battalion"

in

charge of the concentration camps -- as well as a number of military

divisions.

They were all loyal to Hitler himself rather than to the party or

government,

and they struck terror throughout occupied Europe.

There is something of the SS in Vader, with his all-black robes and

helmet

and his obsessive obedience to the Emperor. As for the Emperor himself,

the

prologue to the novelization of the first film, "Star Wars: From the

Adventures

of Luke Skywalker," tells us that Senator Palpatine was elected president

of

the Republic and then declared himself emperor, exterminating his

opponents.

This brief summary matches Hitler's story; from the leadership of the

fledgling

Nazi Party, he got himself elected chancellor of Germany, then vaulted

into the

presidency, which he turned into a dictatorship, declaring himself the "F?hrer," or supreme leader. Hitler then shut himself away from any real contact with the people; he was surrounded instead by his personal

bodyguards

who were pledged to defend him to the death. The Emperor, too, has

isolated

himself, giving audience only to a few of the select, always protected by

his

Red Guards.

Hitler officially ended the German Republic by passing an act that

gave him

absolute rule. Early on in Star Wars, Grand Moff Tarkin informs the other officers that the Emperor has permanently dissolved the Imperial Senate

and

that the last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away. . . .

Even more important than the political structure, however, is the atmosphere of rigid control and dehumanization that characterizes Star

Wars'

Empire. This ambiance seems chillingly reminiscent of the fascism of

Hitler's

Nazi Germany.

C'Pi: "What this shows is that Lucas based elements of his story on the dominating event of the 20th century and incorporated nothing more than

common

knowledge and nothing to do with the Nazi occult. Lucas is not the first

have

done this and he certainly won't be the last. There must be hundreds of

movies

out there that do the same thing."

Only "Star Wars: The Magic of Myth" author Mary Henderson was not

talking

about just basic storyline elements. She was also talking about the Nazi stylistic motif in the artistic designs for costumes, helmets, set pieces

and

other aesthetic factors. The unique thing about those stylistic touches is

that

it's somehow both subtle and not-so-subtle at the same time. There's even

some

World War II Imperial Japanese touches in the design of the caps worn by

some

of the Death Star commanders and officers as well.

Once again this is common practice throughout Hollywood. And it still does not show anything more than common knowledge about nazi Germany. If you are from my generation or older then you know a lot about nazi Germany without having investigated it.

James King: "What's more, George Lucas conceived the basic storylines for

the

Indiana Jones movies, two of which are filled with Nazis and demonstrate

his

familiarity with Nazi occult ideology."

C'Pi: "And does his making of Star Wars demonstrate his knowledge

exobiology

and hyper drive?"

False issue. Those are elements which do not contribute to the

philosophical

and mythical themes of storytelling anyway.

But it does show that you do not have to have in depth knowledge to write about it. Just as Lucas does not have to have had in depth knowledge of nazi occult theology to make Indiana Jones.

One does not have to explain the technicalities of how to make a clone in a science fantasy as Star Wars.

That

one can do so is explanation enough; but one certainly does have to

explain

*why* a character(s) would want to create clones in the first place in

such a

storyline.

*However,* if you're bound and determined to have a protagonist

character

explain the process anyway, it had better make sense and not invoke

revulsion

in the viewers.

One would be hard pressed to find something that doesn't seem to invoke revulsion in you. I'd really hate to have to watch a movie with you.

C'Pi: "You have yet to cite a source that showed Lucas had knowledge of

the

nazi occult before he made Star Wars and that it wasn't something he

researched

for the making of Indiana Jones? Or cite a source that he even did

research

it?"

George Lucas did not introduce this midiclorian bunk until Episode

One,

long after he had written the Indiana Jones movies. The original trilogy

did

not contain any concepts that were evocative of Nazi-occult beliefs.

You have ranted against what you see as a genetic link to Force use and that was introduced in the trilogy.

And it was also not until Episode One that Lucas broke his prior policy of not

assigning

Terran-ethnic accents to the voices of ignoble and villainous space-alien characters as well.

So you're implying that between the time of ROTJ and TPM Lucas became a racist nazi.

C'Pi: "If not then I may to write a treatise on how Lucas based most of

his

story elements for Star Wars on Buddhism belief and mythology. I'm sure I

could

write a much more compelling argument than you so far have presented on

the

Lucas-nazi occult connection over the past year. Of course just like all

the

arguments you have presented, it would be a load of crap, too."

I didn't create the crap that constitutes the content of Nazi occult ideology, nor did I create concepts evocative of it but with a more

positive

spin, either, in my writing of fiction.

But you are the one that sees it everywhere, regardless if there are other possible sources or evidence to the contrary. I'm not really surprised. You have already stated that you are a WWII buff and have spent a lot of time investigating that time period. It is not surprising that when you then go to look at something else your bias would be slanted towards finding things based on your personal knowledge and interests. The same thing happens to me. I am currently studying language education and many times my reaction to what I read on the Internet is based on what I just read from my studies. It is not easy to be a dispassionate observer and not let our previous notions and judgments cloud your perceptions.

*Although,* there are ways to take such twisted philosophies and turn them on their ear so as to expose the

fallacies

behind them, such as through dark satire balanced with drama.

In Episode One, though, Lucas does the opposite: He appears to embrace

the

repugnant notion of the Nazi occult beliefs of the magical properties of "Aryan" German blood and tries to give it a positive spin by endowing

heroes

with beliefs along the same lines. And that's absolutely reprehensible.

Become a dispassionate observer. Investigate Buddhism and Asian culture. Expose yourself to knew ways of thinking. Maybe then you may be able to look and see that there are other ways of viewing how Lucas has made his movies.

James King: "The Nazis and Nazi-occult themes are also major elements in

most

of the other Indiana Jones-related games, books and comics, too -- all

also

approved by Lucas himself."

C'Pi: "Is Indiana Jones the only story you've seen nazis in? What's

unique

about Indiana Jones that separates it from all the other movies that have Nazis?"

False issue. I was addressing *only* the works of/by George Lucas and Lucasfilm.

Copout.

C'Pi

-- James King