Re: Clobberin' Time...

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Date09/20/2001 07:07 (09/20/2001 15:07)
Message-ID<Pine.OSF.4.21.0109201440140.14244-100000@marlin.jcu.edu.au>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsWes Hutchings
FollowupsWes Hutchings (1h & 28m) > Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Wes Hutchings wrote:

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au> On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Wes Hutchings wrote:

From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au>

Wes Hutchings
While we're at it explain why it is not hypocritical for you to point the finger at us for not doing what you a nearer neighbor refused to do?

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
We are by no means a "nearer neighbour"

Wes Hutchings
You're closer than the US, they reached you by boat.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
No. They went to Pakistan by land. Travelled to Indonesia, paid to travel to America, but were ripped off and sent to Australia.

Wes Hutchings
Which still places them closer to you.

We are closer, but we are not a nearer neighbour.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
You are making statements about things you don't understand.

Wes Hutchings
Would you like to do the mileage on this?

You seemed to think that these people travelled to Australia from Afghanistan. They didn't.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
I disagree with your comments.

Wes Hutchings
Do so with a point that doesn't paint you as a hypocrite.

At what point was I hypocritical?

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Whether I support or not a loser like John Hoawrd has no bearing on this.

Wes Hutchings
Actually it does as you are using US policy repeatedly in your arguments against me and ignoring or unaware of my actual position.

I am unaware of your actual position, but I know what I've been replying to that you've written.

Because you criticize me along with the US for not helping everyone,

I didn't. The US shouldn't help everyone. In fact they're been helping too many people in the wrong ways.

while you admit your nation turned away refugees who arrived by ship.

I admit it, and hate my country for it.

That is hypocritical.

Why?

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Because I have an opinion, and it is different to the elected officials in my country? I though that was democracy, not hypocracy.0

Wes Hutchings
I'll wait for you to try and catch up.

Then why are you still so far behind?

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
The part where you don't realise that escalating a situation does not reduce deaths.

Wes Hutchings
We've done nothing for decades.

Hey, this bin Laden guy America hasn't done anything against... didn't he live in a house that exploded? Fortunately for him he wasn't there...

I'm sure America didn't have anything to do with that.

Lie all you want, but the truth is America *has* been doing stuff.

Look at well that worked at reducing deaths.

What America has been doing is the very reason that the terrorism is occuring. You still don't see it do you?

Grow up, these types of people will always find a way to make their cause seem logical to themselves.

Yes. However, it's easier when they can paint the enemy as the agressor, and that just what America is planning to do.

We could have been attacked for running Duracell commercials, it didn't matter to them.

Yes, people are willing to die because of Duracell commericals.

There is a country that has been, with very public American support, attacking Muslim targets with American weapons. Many more people have been killed in that war then died on S11. Strangely they see the Americans as being part of that.

Stupid violent people on that side of the fence see that as a reason to attack America.

Stupid violent people see that as a reason to fight back. People will get killed. Families will lose loved ones. Friends will lose friends.

More and more angry people will see America as the enemy. Stupid violent ones will attack American targets.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
"Kill everyone who doesn't agree with America"

Wes Hutchings
No, kill everyone who indiscriminately kills for kicks.

Serial killers and others like that? What have they got to do with it.

The terrorists that we are discussing have a cause, a reason, a justification. Whether it be right or wrong it's still for a reason.

Just like when America does it... or if America retaliates.

We're higher on the food chain.

Gee, with thinking like that it makes it hard to see why is America painted as a tyrant in the countries of it's enemies and cultural imperialists in the countries of it's friends.

First on the list was cooperation in terms of seizing bank assets and the permission of countries holding those assets.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Which will do a lot more then creating matyrs will.

Wes Hutchings
A glimmer of light finally reaches your brain.

I never claimed that not violent methods were wrong.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
I agree with supporting the US, but I disagree with the US reacting in anger rather than with brains.

Wes Hutchings
In this circumstance it is people like you reacting without brains.

By advising caution?

Ironic yes?

No.

if you took a few seconds of thought you'd notice your house of cards is built on the supposition of what the US is doing.

I'm arguing against certain causes of action. If they don't happen I'm happy. If they were never planned by the US government I'm even happier. But they have been suggested, and I disagree with them

That is my right.

You don't know. You ignore the fact they are waiting.

You ignore the fact that America has done it

You ignore the fact they're doing more than planning for carpet bombings of villages.

Carpet bombing villages is the extreme case. Even direct targeting of guilty individuals with fatal violence will cause more problems than it solves.

I'm not saying that America will do either, I just stating that [IMHO] it would be a bad thing to do.

But that is all you and others choose to see, sans evidence.

Deploying the military in something called "Infinite Justice" doesn't sound non-violent.

--- - Dug. --- My other .sig is funny. ---