Re: Clobberin' Time...

Wes Hutchings
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromWes Hutchings
Date09/17/2001 20:46 (09/17/2001 11:46)
Message-ID<B7CB9313.53A0%yyrkoon@cwnet.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsJames Trory
FollowupsCryofax (9h & 1m) > Wes Hutchings

James Trory
From: James Trory <j_trory@yahoo.com> Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 02:28:16 -0400 Subject: Re: Clobberin' Time...

We've secretly replaced the Pacific Ocean with Folgers crystals. Let's see if Wes Hutchings notices:

Celaeno
And you don't know that a government has knowingly sponsored this.

Cryofax
We should not attack any country unless we know they were involved obviously. And by involved I mean they knew about it, payed for it, or harbored the terrorists that did it.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
American has done the first two time and time again.

Wes Hutchings
What is your point? That when a nation asks us for help, or it's people ask for help to rise from tyranny, we should ignore them?

James Trory
These people aren't educated enough to use their knowledge of combat rationally, that's the point.

I see, so only educated people should be allowed to rise against their oppresors?

America trained Afghanistan militants in combat strategy and weapons training so they could fight the Russians in the early 80s. And now look who you're blaming this terrorist activity on!

The people doing it.

You can't just walk into a country, say "here, shoot this gun at this target. Well done, you're a soldier" and then leave them be.

We're not a conquering nation.

You've got to take some responsibility.

So the person who teaches someone to use a gun is responsible if that person kills someone? I've taught a number of people to use a number of different forms of armed and unarmed combat. To date none of them, to my knowledge has unjustly harmed or killed another human being. If they did, how would I be responsible? The US chose to help a nation standing against one of our enemies. It was for our benefit as well as theirs. Afterwards they stabbed us in the back. How are we responsible for that?

Which America has not done,

So we have not revealed what we knew to the public and other nations? We have not admitted our culpibility in training these people?

and my motherland of Britain is not guilt free either. If a western power is going to train a country in the east how to fight, they also need to train them in negociation, peacekeeping, rationality...

But how do we enforce it? We're not trying to take on new countries as chunks of the US. We would not be accepted as an additional military power in that region and our presence would in fact cause more problems than we could have solved then. They were never going to listen to us, they stabbed us in the back. Why is that so difficult to understand?

these kinds of things. Otherwise they think that to get their own way, they have to kill people, 'cause that's all we taught them.

Bullshit. It's not our job to teach them morality. They're a civilization unto themselves, they don't want or need us telling them how to behave.

What kills me is that then, decades later when countries like Afghanistan are harbouring terrorist organisations, it's suddenly a shock to us.

WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!

I suggest you start with yourself.

Our governments were all well aware of Bin Laden, well aware of the Taliban, and above all else, well aware that WE TRAINED THE MOTHER FUCKERS!

Yes and what were we supposed to do? neighboring nations were then not interested in offering assistance of any kind. Now that the world knows the US has had enough they're finally eager to be on our good side, because they do not want to be on our bad side or because they're nations who have been hurt in the same way we have.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bin Laden himself had been trained by some guy from the CIA.

He was.

In fact, we should've known what was going on because, after all, as that wonderful phrase goes, we taught them all they know. You can't have your cake and eat it, folks.

I suggest you rethink this last statement. You above have been stating that we should have shown them other things, dealing with negotiations et al. They listened to everything we told them. They CHOSE to stab us in the back. Many nations have done this to the US. They CHOSE to do so. The US CHOSE to offer aid to countries before and after these forms of back stabbing.

So the only responsibility the US bares in this circumstance is that we trusted people to do the right thing.

wes

-- James "First you want to kill me, now you want to kiss me. Blow"