Re: Clobberin' Time...

Wes Hutchings
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromWes Hutchings
Date09/19/2001 09:40 (09/19/2001 00:40)
Message-ID<B7CD99F4.5976%yyrkoon@cwnet.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan
FollowupsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan (19h & 6m) > Wes Hutchings

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au> Organization: University of Queensland Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:08:30 +1000 Subject: Re: Clobberin' Time...

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Wes Hutchings wrote:

Wes Hutchings
While we're at it explain why it is not hypocritical for you to point the finger at us for not doing what you a nearer neighbor refused to do?

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
We are by no means a "nearer neighbour"

You're closer than the US, they reached you by boat.

and I don't support the actions of our government.

I see, but you can criticize me regardless? Hypocrite does fit in this circumstance, it fits you like a glove.

At the cost of more and more dead American civilians.

Wes Hutchings
Which will happen no matter what we do.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
So you want to justify the killing of Americans?

No, I want to stop the killing of Americans. Again, which part is giving you trouble?

This action will not stop the terrorist, just increase their number.

Wes Hutchings
No, killing people decreases their numbers.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
No. It decreases the number of people in the country, but increases the number of angry people in the country. More angry people mean more terrorists.

Fewer people equals fewer people. Call it accelerated Darwinism if you wish.

America lost a lot of people that day. Did the chances of America using violence against it's enemies increase or decrease?

Increased, note that has not been the only mentioned means of attack. First on the list was cooperation in terms of seizing bank assets and the permission of countries holding those assets.

Wes Hutchings
Notice how the UK was amongst the first nations to support the US.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
And Australia was even quiker.

Wes Hutchings
I would hope they're more representative than yourself.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
The PM and his party we polling badly, and then 2 weeks ago they used the military to keep refugees out of the country. This turned them around in the polls. Offers to support American has given them record numbers.

Not surprising, but hardly an answer.

wes

--- - Dug. --- My other .sig is funny. ---