Re: Clobberin' Time...

Wes Hutchings
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromWes Hutchings
Date09/18/2001 09:10 (09/18/2001 00:10)
Message-ID<B7CC4160.5600%yyrkoon@cwnet.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan
FollowupsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan (20h & 58m) > Wes Hutchings

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au> Organization: University of Queensland Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:09:33 +1000 Subject: Re: Clobberin' Time...

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Wes Hutchings wrote:

A week before this happened the Australian government illegally boarded a ship full of 400 Afghanis refugies to stop them coming to Australia. People fleeing that country is not new.

Wes Hutchings
What is your point? That we offered support and Australia offered a boot?

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
No, that this has been going on a long time, and you didn't seem to care a week ago.

We're one nation, how many fronts do you think we're supposed to cover? While we're at it explain why it is not hypocritical for you to point the finger at us for not doing what you a nearer neighbor refused to do?

If you knew anything about what's going on in the world you'd know that these things only get worse - not better by upiing the anti.

Wes Hutchings
Excuse me, I DO KNOW what is going on in the world. In any stand off there comes a point where the betting is done and the hand is won. At the end of the night, someone goes home a winner and someone goes home a loser. The US has the ability to outlast the the terrorists.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
At the cost of more and more dead American civilians.

Which will happen no matter what we do.

This action will not stop the terrorist, just increase their number.

No, killing people decreases their numbers.

Ask people in London how Northern Ireland's doing.

Wes Hutchings
I've talked to people in Belfast and England about.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Then you'd know that military action in Belfast caused terrorism to occur more often in London.

Yes it did, for awhile. As both sides have changed tactics progress was made. Some winning, some losing. The UK has stopped short of using aircraft. The Irish have a reputation for stubbornness, I know. If you think what is occurring in Ireland is in anyway comparable with what Bin Ladin does, then you're mistaken.

Wes Hutchings
Notice how the UK was amongst the first nations to support the US.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
And Australia was even quiker.

I would hope they're more representative than yourself. wes

--- - Dug. --- My other .sig is funny. ---