Re: Clobberin' Time...

James W. King
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromJames W. King
Date09/13/2001 16:58 (09/13/2001 16:58)
Message-ID<20010913105822.18407.00000263@mb-fm.aol.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsRich Handley
FollowupsÇheetah! (10m) > James W. King

Rich Handley (<A HREF="mailto:rhandley@optonline.net ">rhandley@optonline.net</A>): "James, I can't believe that even now, in the wake of what has happened, you're STILL being so rude and offensive to everyone in your posts. If you had ANY respect for those who went through and are still going through this, you'd cut your usual 'superior, thesaurus-toting asshole' routine for just a moment and try not to add to the anxiety and sadness those on this group are already feeling.

You have yet to qualify your allegations in anything remotely resembling lucid, sane or dispassionate terms, Mr. Handley.

Moreover, let's examine the exact content of what I posted here to Rakelle:

Rich Handley
Cryofax (<A HREF="mailto:Jack_Shappa@hotmail.com

">Jack_Shappa@hotmail.com</A>): "They support these cowards, now they need to pay. Let's pray Bush has at least the balls of his dad (hopefully more). Give 'em a couple days to evacuate the cities of our choice, then waste 'em. Make terrorism very expensive for the nations that support it."

Paul "Duggy" Duggan: "And let's kill the families of murders... show them we won't put up with that sort of thing either."

Cryofax: "So basically you're saying any other country should be allowed to sponsor activity that leads to civilian casualities, but we should never retaliate against them because we might hurt their 'innocent' civilians? At least we'd have the decency to let them evacuate a city before we annihilate it."

Celaeno (<A HREF="mailto:celaeno@shavenwookie.nospam.com ">celaeno@shavenwookie.nospam.com</A>): "Hiroshima. Nagasaki. And you don't know that a government has knowingly sponsored this."

James King: "What a repugnantly disingenuous comparison for you to foist on us, Rakelle! The civilians of the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 1945 were NOT innocent civilians in the strictest and most genuine sense of the word because they were citizens of a country which had not only initiated war against the United States but also had refused to end it. Moreover, such acceptable collateral damage as civilians killed in the fog of war is the risk that a wayward country willfully takes when it wrongheadedly refuses to obey international law and wages imperialist wars of aggression. So tell us, Rakelle: How would *you* have proposed that the Allies should have defeated Japan without exacting more undue bloodshed of one's own troops in order to have brought World War II to a quicker and less bloody conclusion than August 1945? Well, Rakelle?"

Rich Handley: "This is not a time for you to be attacking Roy, challenging Rakelle, or otherwise picking fights with people."

Oh, but it's a time to allow *some people* to go unchallenged in making some outrageously inflammatory and unqualified statements?

And for the record, Mr. Handley, *Roy* attacked me first. But you certainly didn't sound off about his attack of me, did you, Mr. Hypocrite?

Mr. Handley, that you would choose to defend Rakelle for her comments which so calloulsy impugne the integrity of the United States' use of the atomic bomb in World War II also speaks to your own questionable character.

That you would also choose to defend the unrepentant Roy Andersen who desecrated the memory of the Star Wars fan killed in the Columbine High School massacre (on the very day of his funeral yet!) and who has *repeatedly* declined to retract his statements in defense of Yugoslavian Slobodan Milosovich and his Serbian forces committing ethnic cleansing and genocide, also speaks to your deplorable character as well.

Rich Handley: "This is not a time for your usual paranoid one-man-army vendettas."

Oh, so this is a time for you to pontificate to me without qualification and make unqualified character assassinations, eh?

Rich Handley: "This is a time for all of us to be sensitive and help each other death with this."

Your so-called "sensitivity" is noted in all its repugnant hypocrisy.

Rich Handley: "We're ALL in pain, James, not just those of us here, close to the scene."

Then by that injunction, your comments should not have betrayed the tone of that which you claim to be trying to set, o' Disingenuous One.

Only that's NOT what you've done here by betraying that notion altogether. In short, you've shot that notion to Hell with flying colors.

Rich Handley: "You should be ashamed of yourself. You really should. But I know you're not, and that's the biggest shame of it all. You're clearly more concerned with winning arguments you'll never win anyway than you are with helping your fellow fans deal with an unspeakably horrible situation, and that's just disgusting."

That you would use such an outrageous pretext to attack me is utterly reprehensible of you.

Rich Handley: "Out of respect for the dead, and for RASSM, I won't turn this into another fight, so expect no further replies from me if you post one to this."

It's been more than three years now since I first demanded a public apology from you for your previous unqualified attacks, but now I can clearly see in real terms now that I could never have ever believed one word of any such apology from you anyway.

Rich Handley: "But I, for one, can't just sit here and watch you continue to attack people on the group at a time like this without calling you on it. Your actions are completely inappropriate. I can pretty much guarantee that a ton of other people here feel the same way even if they're holding back saying it, and no amount of cries of 'bogus,' 'false issue," 'moreover' or any of your other favorite tag-words can change the fact that you are being a major asshole at a time when it is entirely inappropriate for you to do so. Learn some respect, James, for crying out loud."

Hmph! *This* from the Rich Handley who once challenged my right to criticize a person who had wronged me simply because that person wasn't posting to the newsgroup at the time -- and yet, Mr. Handley proved shortly thereafter that he himself was not above engaging in making unqualified character assassinations of me when he knew that *I* wasn't posting to the newsgroup just the same.

I am NOT edified by your bullshit, Mr. Handley. And you are NOT welcome to ever email me ever again from any address of yours.

-- James King