Re: Clobberin' Time...

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Date09/20/2001 07:16 (09/20/2001 15:16)
Message-ID<Pine.OSF.4.21.0109201507550.14244-100000@marlin.jcu.edu.au>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsWes Hutchings
FollowupsWes Hutchings (1h & 28m) > Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Wes Hutchings wrote:

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au> I'm sorry. Then we're agreed that the best solution is a non-violent one.

Wes Hutchings
There is no ONE solution. The US is using several non-violent ones.

Violent ones depend on there being an adversary.

In a war there are obvious targets.

A war against terrorists is harder. Like finding a needle in a heystack without the help of a super-magnet. And they will only fight back harder.

To not preserve ones own life in self defense is suicide.

"To not preserve one's own life... is suicide."

Pretty obvious statement.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
That's their level.

Wes Hutchings
Pretty sophisticated action for simple violence.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Violence is violence.

Wes Hutchings
No, many degrees.

It is still violence. Degrees don't matter.

Popular entertainment is the lowest form of human expression.

I'd rather watch the world's worst sitcom then be shot.

Violence comes in many flavors.

All of them violent.

Self defense is one of them that again has many flavors to it. If you defend your own life by using violence,

you must justify it in a court.

--- - Dug. --- My other .sig is funny. ---