Re: Clobberin' Time...

James W. King
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromJames W. King
Date09/13/2001 12:56 (09/13/2001 12:56)
Message-ID<20010913065608.18407.00000240@mb-fm.aol.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsHppyButchr

Cryofax (<A HREF="mailto:Jack_Shappa@hotmail.com ">Jack_Shappa@hotmail.com</A>): "Time to level one major city from each of Syria, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya. They need to know each time a terrorist destroys one of our buildings, they lose one of their cities. They support these cowards, now they need to pay. Let's pray Bush has at least the balls of his dad (hopefully more). Give 'em a couple days to evacuate the cities of our choice, then waste 'em. Make terrorism very expensive for the nations that support it."

Curtis Marquez (<A HREF="mailto:lokdym@worldnet.att.net">lokdym@worldnet.att.net</A>): "Afghanistan is paying right now. I personally say that we wipe out every terrorist group (foreign and domestic) and as each one even thinks of rising up stomp on them like a cockroach. Enough of this crap of playing peacemaker."

Jeremy the Happy Butcher (<A HREF="mailto:hppybutchr@aol.com ">hppybutchr@aol.com</A>): "and that would prove what?"

That the terrorists and those who aid and abet them must pay a price in similar terms of that which they exact on others.

Jeremy the Happy Butcher: "That murder of the innocents is okay if we were hurt first?"

False issue. The issue is that the death of innocents is the the risk any wayward country knowingly accepts and takes when it willfully defies international law and coddles, aids and abets terrorists in their own country. Moreover, if the greater majority of citizens of that wayward country fail to or are unwilling to risk their own lives in sufficient numbers in order to oppose or overthrow that terrorism-abetting leaders, then they can justifiably be assumed to be condoning their government's misdeeds.

Collateral damage in terms of civilian deaths is what such wayward countries like Afghanistan automatically accept if/when they fail to renounce terrorism in genuine terms by expelling and/or extraditing terrorists.

Moreover, the very dimensions of the World Trade Towers terrorist act itself (including the attack upon Washington, D.C.) qualifies it as a genuine act of war.

Jeremy the Happy Butcher: "I strongly feel that those responsible should be torn apart limb by limb, but -only- those responsible. Killing more innocents won't bring back the countless people I share a city with."

And yet, extreme measures may discourage the perpetration of further acts of mass destruction by other would-be or same terrorists just the same in order that no other cities experience the same catastrophe. There has to be a high price exacted for the commission of such terrorist acts as to readily daunt any would-be terrorist and/or sponsor of terrorism in the future.

-- James King