Re: Clobberin' Time...

Wes Hutchings
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromWes Hutchings
Date09/16/2001 21:19 (09/16/2001 12:19)
Message-ID<B7CA493F.4F76%yyrkoon@cwnet.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au> Organization: University of Queensland Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:16:06 +1000 Subject: Re: Clobberin' Time...

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Curtis Marquez wrote:

Curtis Marquez
There is nothing we can do for those Americans lost so far. Hitting all terrorist groups now though will help to insure the safety of Americans and every other countries citizens.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Or it will create martyrs and more enemies in foreign countries.

Of who? By nature these people wish to remain faceless, that makes for lousy martyrs.

It will justify their view that America is a tyrant and a bully and cause *more* terrorist acts.

They destroyed a skyline, but if we fight back, we're bullies? Who would believe that?

I'm not saying that America deserved this, but retaliation will only increase the problem.

Lack of effective retalliation was the problem in the first place. Action from here is progress.

Curtis Marquez
Innocents are always going to be hurt in any war and this is war. This would be like what my grandfather told me about fighting. Try to avoid a fight, but if you get in a fight, fight until it is won. Meaning if you get beat up go after the guy who beat you up until you win or he refuses to fight you.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Even if it means you have to take more and more hits?

Look around the world. We've been taking hits for years, that's not going to stop until we make it stop.

Curtis Marquez
One of the two will happen, and I personally don't see the US losing this fight. I also see the countries that support terrorism (civilians and military) as needing a good ole ass-whipping.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Remember Vietnam... how conventional warfare failled against guerillas... same thing happens here. You can bomb countries and terrorist cells for years and not get them all... meanwhile you'll be creating more and more enemies.

Which assumes you expect us to use the same failed tactics. We're not going to. We can hit them on more fronts than they can operate on through sheer numbers. We can bomb them when we have valid targets and we can afford to keep bombing them far faster than they can rebuild. We can seize their assets. Stop fuel from entering their borders. Shut down their infrastructure, Keep them isolated. Keep them running and hiding and we can do it all the while closing the noose until they can't run anymore.

Curtis Marquez
If it means we play the part of school bully for a few months, so be it.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
A few *more* months (in the view of your enemies)

The current US schedule for this operation is 3-5 years at the outside. We're serious on this issue. wes

--- - Dug. --- My other .sig is funny. ---